aliens

Author Topic: A bit of streamlining  (Read 3096 times)

Offline Arpia

• Colonel
    • View Profile
A bit of streamlining
« on: January 24, 2013, 02:54:57 pm »
Hey people! new on here, first post and all that >.>

So... since I discovered minecraft, I thought the idea behind shift-click inventory is such a useful feature and should be implemented everywhere more often
so battlescape equipping... would it be possible to implement a similar feature? stuff like moving items from the floor to an available hand and from an inventory slot to the floor (cutting out a bit of click and drag) could it also be possible to rightclick a weapon to unload it, and right click a clip to load it into an equipped empty weapon? cutting out a little more click/drag and streamlining the pre-battle inventory a bit further

The right clicking also opens up another train of thought, it could be made into a context sensitive button. For instance on the geoscape you could rightclick an incoming large ufo to bring up the interception menu, then right click 2-3 interceptors and a skyranger, then confirm to send them all out at once after this target. Instead of;
click intercept -> click interceptor1 -> click target -> click intercept again -> click interceptor2 -> click target again... ect
it could also be used in the basescape to order soldiers, I love the new soldier order feature, but it could be improved further if I was able to right click a soldier near the middle then right click one near the top and it swaps the two soldiers positions in the roster. It's already been implemented for min/max values in sell/buy/research/manufacture ect. It could be used in battlescape to rightclick an enemy to open the firemode menu for the main weapon of the current unit. I'm sure there's more places it can be used too!

Also, it would be handy to be able to reorder my soldiers from the soldier screen and not just from equipcraft. And if I can assign soldiers armor from here and view the craft they're on, It'd be nice to be able to assign them to a craft from here too, or even just link straight to equipcraft screen from the soldier screen.

anyway! just a few ideas of mine after playing around a bit <.<
keep on keepin on.

-Arpia

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
Re: A bit of streamlining
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 12:14:41 am »
I think you have some nice ideas, but i think they will fall in line with some post version 1. As i have heard right now is trying to get X-COm at its core, and from there develop your wildest dream :)