aliens

Author Topic: What's the deal with tiny drill?  (Read 3857 times)

Offline Reborn

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
What's the deal with tiny drill?
« on: December 21, 2020, 02:21:33 pm »
Hey guys, I was just looking for some help about the research tree of the 4 codex's. I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible (or how to change the tech tree) to get all 4 of the codex's for those of us who are extremely greedy and want everything. Thanks

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: What's the deal with tiny drill?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 11:37:55 am »
Do this:
Edit your savegame with any text editor and change value in lines:
      STR_TINY_DRILL: 1
      STR_MENACING_HULL: 1

to
      STR_TINY_DRILL: 4
      STR_MENACING_HULL: 4

This will give you 4 Tiny drills and hulls, so you can use each on a different codex.

And this
You will have to edit Piratez.rul. Find instances of "disables:" relating to the codexes and remove it. Basically, you have to re-make the research tree so that one codex choice does not block off others. Having all codexes unlocked will not crash the game or anything, unless you make errors while editing the file. Just don't complain about difficulty or weird interactions that wouldn't be possible if you were limited to 1 codex.

Offline Reborn

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 08:05:40 pm »
Thank you so much. I figured out the 4 drills and hulls at the time of my first post but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to turn off the disable research part. I really appreciate it  ;D

Offline Reborn

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 08:56:16 pm »
Hmm, I thought I solved it with your help but the research remains blocked off even with the removal of all the "Disables: -STR_CODEX_RED" etc and all the other colors as well.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 01:04:17 am »
Dealing with the disables is no longer a complete answer, there are several exclusive OR junctions related to the codexes("gold or red""Any but red" for examples). Because of the way these junctions are designed you will need to manually delete all the ORs and then give yourself every tech that is dependent on them. Doing 4 drill projects and there codex's triggers all the exclusive ORs and you end up with less unlocks then normal. 

Offline peirceg

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 05:14:39 am »
Dealing with the disables is no longer a complete answer, there are several exclusive OR junctions related to the codexes("gold or red""Any but red" for examples). Because of the way these junctions are designed you will need to manually delete all the ORs and then give yourself every tech that is dependent on them. Doing 4 drill projects and there codex's triggers all the exclusive ORs and you end up with less unlocks then normal.

could you give us an example of an Or line so we know what to look for and delete?

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 11:31:15 am »
sell it!  :P

(j.k. ;:D)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 08:48:16 pm »

Example

Offline peirceg

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2021, 06:17:11 am »

Example

How do those look like in the in the rulez file so i can ctr = f for them

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2021, 07:30:44 am »
Never dug for them myself sorry. I only know that the general form is something like "str_grey_***"