Author Topic: Reaver Faithful's campaign  (Read 182 times)

Offline Dogbarian

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Reaver Faithful's campaign
« on: February 16, 2021, 06:05:21 am »
This is going to be more "after-action" reports, since I haven't really tried recording much.  However, I might try to record a few interesting battles.

Starting a playthrough on Veteran of Reaver's Faithful megamod.  I was experimenting with some changes to the starting base, and realized how broken they were, so I'm starting over without using those (starting with a large living quarters was a horrible idea, because I was able to buy more scientists and engineers immediately, which led to me having laser weapons researched and deployed before the first terror mission).  The only change I've made to the starting base was layout, to allow for more defense and to have room to safely build large living quarters and labs, and I've removed one hangar, because I also prefer a personal mod of allowing 2 crafts per hangar.  This may prove broken too, but I like a large airforce.

Opening month, initial base is in SE Europe, near Istanbul.  Immediately started construction of a second base in North America, in MN/WI area.

Destroyed first UFO, a very small.  Shot down a small for the first recovery mission, cost me 2 rookies.  After radar in NA got built, but before hangar, a large was detected flying around.  Next UFO detection was a grounded small (large scout) in Europle, recovery there cost me another rookie, but I have first elerium and power generator secured.  The report on that mission in the soldiers' diary said it was landing site 3, so I'm thinking I missed 2 out there somewhere.

Ending play session by flying towards opening month terror mission, Havana.

Offline Dogbarian

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Reaver Faithful's campaign
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 12:30:49 am »
Horror in Havana

Night terror mission, with Sectoid and Cyberdiscs on the prowl.  The XCOM crew did a fine job, only losing two of their own (one of those was killed by a Cyberdisc disc blast that was poorly aimed at the guardian tank - carried on by and killed the hapless trooper several meters and facing a different direction).  Only 5 Cuban lives were lost, another 11 were saved from the alien menace.

A few days later, a landed medium UFO was detected in Europe near the main base, a team quickly dispatched and investigating...

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 09:08:41 am »
Excellent performance! That's either luck, skill, or both! If you're this good at the game, I want to see you play!

Offline Dogbarian

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 09:30:44 pm »
Thanks!  A big luck factor was a good chunk of the civilians spawning in the buildings next to the drop ship, and all of the Cyberdiscs NOT spawning there. Was able to kill all of the nearby Sectoids in the first turn, which led to saving all of that chunk of civvys.

By the way, I really like your Custodian!

Unfortunately the winter situation in Texas is going to limit my playtime for a few days.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 07:40:59 am »
Oh I heard! Best of luck to you over there! Texas is going to be cold for a little while. =(