aliens

Author Topic: [ADDON] ROSE - Rebalanced Orks and Sisters, Expanded  (Read 21919 times)

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[ADDON] ROSE - Rebalanced Orks and Sisters, Expanded
« on: December 13, 2020, 08:43:26 pm »
Hello there.
Imagine if you will, Orks and Sisters, gallivanting about the galaxy with more guns, armor and toys. Happy as they can be. A beautiful world. Let's make it happen.

This mod is now combined with IGMA, forming ROSIGMA, available here:
https://openxcom.mod.io/rosigma
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,9687.0.html
Which combines ROSE with IGMA!
Go download that for the latest version of ROSE.

Last Pre ROSIGMA version: ROSE Standalone v09 dated 20210405
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19usDJTYkHV1xOoXehQv90P-2hqZLhlwY/view?usp=sharing

In short:
-This is a *sub*mod for the 40k mod
-It adds a bunch of gear and units for Sisters, Orks and Chaos (primarily Khorne and Slaanesh, but some for tzeentch and nurgle too).
-It adds several early armors and new units primarily for Adeptas
-A dozen+ new enemy "racelists" (what XCOM calls a enemy force) that can appear in various missions.
-Some cost (less grind) and balances changes (shorter grenade ranges, less accurate and twitchy enemy turrets for example).
-New SFX and VFX for weapons and units.
-New ufopedia artwork.
To give a fresh experience playing the 40k mod!
You *can* play it as a new player, if you want all the new fun toys for an Adeptas playthrough, but while it makes the mod a little easier in some places, it also makes the mid and end game tougher with new challenging foes.

Mod name subject to change but its the gist of it. I got advised by BrainDaMijj to get a thread up for my mod-of-the-mod. Not just my sprite reworks and changes, but also some of Xom126 excellent spritework.

Disclaimer: I update this mod pretty often, stomp out bugs (faster with your bug reports as help!) and add content.
That said, this submod has some rough edges, mostly in placeholder inventory art or unfinished ufopedia pages for some enemies that I slowly replace with the real deal.
If you can live with that, this mod is perfect for a second playthrough!

Some of the new guns I've cooked up:

~and there's more~

What this is expanded summary:
-Global rebalance. Started out as an easier version for new players and less grindy, but I've generally tweaked things along the way. See below for more indepth breakdown of what is changed. Rule of thumb: Is this more fun/interesting? Does it fit the lore if you squint? Alright! Doesn't work in practice? Let's change it then.
-New Units, armor and weapons. Started out adding some small things to the Sisters, but now there's dozens of new enemies and a expanded "tree" for the Sisters. Eventually, maybe some sort of Inquisitor branch with Acolytes.
-New Enemies: Primarily Chaos and Orks are expanded so far, with lots of things in the work.
New Orks include Burnaboyz, Kommandoz, Stormboys, Meganobz and Warbikers. They are primarily higher end Ork enemies, so be careful! New Ork lists may appear in Space Hulks and other side missions.
New Chaos units are primarily Chaos Sisters, spread between the 4(5) Chaos factions and will show up in early and midgame in both mixed and dedicated lists.
-New and changed race lists. You'll face much expanded/varied enemy forces.
-Chaos path for Sisters, eventually.
-Quality of Life changes for Imperial Guard: No more -10 strength for carapace, and other minor buffs that will make your guardsmen about 10% more survivable!
-Stealthy rework, partially implemented for the Kommandoz. Certain units will use camo to sneak about, other units (scouts, officers, assassins) will use anti-camo to detect them!

Some of the new Ork enemies with their new weapons. Light Kommandoz and 'Eavy Burnas.

New Assets, for anyone to play with:
-Sisters, Orks and Chaos.

New units, armors and upgrade paths, pictured left to right: 1) New Sisters starting soldiers, the Novice, 2) Upgrade to Cantus armor and 3) Medicae Armour.
4) Elohim armour, first upgrade to standard SoB armor, 5) Retributor armour, devastation equivalent, 6) Sister Superior armor upgrade for experienced SoB.
Complete with customized voice lines, equipment and new upgrade paths.

New Weapons and changes
-Overall, all* small arms (lasguns, bolters) have extended drop off range from "5" tiles across the board to 6-12 drop off range, depending on if its a close combat or "rifle" version. Pistols are generally in the "5-7" range.
-Heavy Bolters have their drop off accuracy dropped, so they are no longer quite the sniper guns of before.
-Grenades range is dropped from 20 across the board, to 10-17. Heavier grenades = less range. Should make AI grenade spam a little easier to deal with.
-That Ork cannon turret? Less accurate and now with drop off range included.
-Armor changes across the board, good armor in the front, slightly less on the sides, a lot less to the rear. Flanking now awarded.
-Chaos Daemons beefed up, and some now come with nasty abilities.
-Plasma guns range shortened just a lil bit, from 24 to 18, with exception of the added guns with their own shorter/longer ranges.

Sisters new toys:

*CHANGED GUNS*-De'az Bolter and other light bolters: More dakka. Along with some other light bolters, it now has 4-shot auto and more ammo. Mostly a gameplay change to set them apart. Special ammo = less shots per mag. Now accepts inferno rounds.
New Weapons:
-Harborym Incendiary and Krak "Faust" disposable rocket launchers. Can be used off hand and take 2-3 inventory slots.
-Scourge pattern Bolt Pistol with a bayonet for melee cutting.
-Seraphim Bolt Pistols, high rate of fire and special extended magazines.
-Cantus Light Bolter. Semi-fluffy, but a sister trainee bolter. Lighter weight, less recoil, less damage. Baby's first bolter. Some simple sprite modifications of the De'az bolter.
-Elohim Light Bolter: Battle rifle kinda bolter, 2-shot auto fire, but longer range and punchy. Weights more. Has the ability to use INFERNO rounds and AP rounds. Now custom spritework just yet.
-Retributor Heavy Bolter: Sisters get this tastefully red Heavy Bolter, based on the Godwyn. Lighterweight, less recoil, slightly less dakka than the Space Marine MkIV. Uses 3 kinds of belt ammo (60 rounds).
-Arche Sniper Rifle, Sisters now got their own unique sniper/marksman rifle. Not quite as long ranged as the Astartes, it can feed Elohim light-bolter ammo and has a "double-tap" select fire.
-Malthus Light Lascannon, Sisters now get this hand held Lascannon. It sacrifices a lot of firepower and accuracy, but it has small power packs that fit in the pocket and it's more mobile than the full size lascannon.
-Cherubim Grenade Launcher, less ammo capacity but higher yield, gives sisters quite a bit of early grenade firepower.
-Redeemer Shotgun, for close encounters. Has several ammo types.
-Throne Missile Launcher. Has a autofire option that can fire the full ammo capacity of 3 light incendiary missiles. Not very long ranged or accurate, might get an anti-armor melta option in the future.
-Beamer Meltagun / Harmonic Melta Gun. A mid range meltagun option that fires a single beam of armor searing melta fire.
-Hellspite Kombi-Bolter. A further development of the Elohim Bolter, can fire several types of 40mm grenades from its underslung launcher.
-Mephisto Kombi-Bolter. A bolter with a underslung light flamethrower, what's not to love?
-Dominion Pattern Bolter. A "Elite" bolter for the Sisters, with a better bayonet and fun "detonator" rounds.
-Retributor Mk.2 Heavy Bolter. Now even lighter, and only takes box mag ammo (40 rounds).
-Potestas Heavy Kombi-Bolter. Take the Retributor Mk.2 and merges it with a light melta gun for armor peeling at close ranges.
-Clovis Plasma Spray Gun, it's a light barrage gun, instead of single shot it does autoshot! Less damage per shot and less accuracy though. There's a chaos version too!
-Jupiter Gravgun, a gravgun with an AoE effect. Quite nasty! Gravguns no longer just ignore armor, they damage it severely and causes a fair amount of stun damage to anyone that survives. Also gets a chaos version.
-De'az Storm Bolter, lighter, less recoil, less range. For when you're not in a Terminator Power Armor but still want that sweet storm boltin'.
-Galgalim Assault Cannon, lighter, close less range. Has a smaller ammo drum/box.
-Hilebard melee weapon.

*NEW GRENADE*-Phosphor grenade, burns heretics and creates some smoke cover.
*NEW AMMO*: Adeptas De'az and Elohim bolters can now use the Light Bolter Inferno Rounds, expensive but highly effective against meaty boys and daemons alike.
*CHANGED AMMO*: Inferno rounds for the Sisters Retributor that can be stored in the "belt" slot (no backpack required). Needs costum sprite work, and AP round version. "Works", but a little fiddly to fit in the right slot now.
*NEW SPRITE*: Alternative darker red version of the basic Sisters armor is now selectable from the armor menu on all Battle Sisters.

*NEW UNIT*: Sister Novices are now the base Sister recruit. Much cheaper to recruit and run than full Sisters, they can be ranked up to Sisters with more experience and higher stats. Custom sprites/inventory screens etc all done and new voice lines (from DoW).
*New ARMOR*: Cantus armor for novices once they've ranked up. Makes them more survivable. Custom voice lines added.
*NEW UNIT*: Fraternis Militia replaces Guard recruits. They are very brave! And very terrible. Still need some custom inventory spritework and voice lines, but there's some ersatz ones in now.
*NEW ARMOR*: ADEPTAS ELOHIM Armor, I've not coded any hard limit on using it on lower rank Battle Sisters, aside for the price, it offers a decent upgrade over the starting Sisters armor.
*NEW ARMOR*: ADEPTAS RETRIBUTOR Armor, sacrificing rear, under and flank armor, as well as melee ability, the Retributor armor strength enables it to use heavy weapons with ease and have advanced targeting systems. Custom voice lines included!
*NEW ARMOR/UNIT*: ADEPTAS SISTER SUPERIOR Armor. Only max ranked Battle Sisters can be promoted to Sister Superior, on their way to becoming the Canoness! This is a rather good suit of armor, a step up from the Elohim. Got custom voice lines. Needs some testing so all the upgrading works.
*NEW UNIT*: Adeptas Assassins/Imperial Assassins. Work in progress. High stats, high cost. Eventually: Callidus etc assassins.
*REBALANCE*: Most Sister armors rebalanced, both armor and stats changed. More survivable on the high end. Maybe even too good! Retributors/Assassins are now rather effective at getting across distances alive to chop things up.
I've played around with damage resistances, so pay attention to these. Some armors are quite good vs plasma!

*NEW* Novice Medicae, upgrade path/unit to Hospitallers. Early research and cheap armour option that can be used by Novices. It got unique voice lines.

The Adeptas start is changed to include the new weaponry and low tier units, Elohim and Retributor armors can be built with adamantium and money, without more research needed (for now).
Your starting force of Militia, Novices and Adeptas will look something like this:

New Sisters based Enemies:

There's a lot of them, but not just because I like the Sisters, they serve as a pretty useful mid-game enemy like the Snakemen in OG X-Com. Branching the gap between the early cultists and traitor guard, and then the actual Chaos Space Marines.
- Balance wise they have lighter power armour than the Chaos Space Marines, and worse stat (with the exception for some possessed/elite/commander variants).
- They have less of a focus on plasma weapons(with the exception of perhaps the Tzeentch ones) and instead use a variety of sister weapons, bolters, meltaguns, flamethrowers etc. I'm gradually adding in chaos variants.  When they do use plasma weapons its the (newly added) lighter plasma variants like the carbine. You will not be plasma-sniped across the map quite as often with these.
- They have some gimmicks and surprises of their own, like adding more (ranged) flying units, assassins and transforming units.
- Their addition allows us to rebalance the Chaos Space Marines to be more impressive, with more health and armor and "The best" weapons chaos got to offer. When they do show up, they're a bigger deal. Note: Not quite done here on rebalancing them all, so some may still be a little on the weaker side.
- They can be mixed in with other forces easily, both on the low end (traitor guard/cultists) and on the high end (Marines).

Vanilla Heretic/Chaos Sisters, straightforward Sister baddies but also fitting in here are defectors and anyone branded Heretic by the Ecclessiarchy itself. Could be misfiled paperwork (knowing how 40k works...). Somewhat easier to dealt with than CHAOS as they don't have very fancy equipment. Often they'll be mixed in with defectors of various kinds, or with actual chaos sisters that may be misleading them.
On to the four flavors of Chaos Sisters: each god gets their own little niché and theming. Khorne has variations on Repentia and Retributors with heavy firepower, Slaanesh gets "devoted", elite units and weird daemon-stuff, Nurgle Sisters with various blight abilities and higher health pools, Tzeentch Sisters have the higher tech, flamers, krak/melta and long ranged weapons.

Orks new stuff:

-Orks now have access to the BURNA/SCORCHA combo flamethrower/melta weapon. Very dangerous up close. Weapon sprite crafting from Xom126.
-Orks have access to Sneaky close combat weapons, a shiv and a slugga, used by the Kommandoz.
-Orks have access to Stinkbombz, which can stun and knock-out your units! Placeholder sprite for this grenade.
-Orks have access to Tank Busta Rokkitstikks, one-use rokkits for close combat anti armour work.
-Orks have access to Krakk Stikk Bombz, much like the Krakk grenades, but Orky!
-Orks have access to Tankbusta bombs, think very big melta bombs. Short throwing range luckily! Used by Tankbustaz.
-Orks have access to Tank Hammer, a dedicated anti armor rocket hammer. Don't let them slap you with this.
*NEW ENEMY* Ork Meganobz, thanks to the spritework of Xom126. These guys got twin shootas and ersatz Power Klaws/Killa Saws. Verydangerous. Dead 'ard.
*NEW ENEMY* Ork Warbiker, thanks to the spritework of Xom126. Early terror unit, sadly no quite the smoke belching coal rollin' bikers as envisioned. They do explode though.
*NEW ENEMY* Ork Burnaboyz, very dangerous up close, and will epxlode on death. Xom126 turned my mockup into a beautiful battlescape spritesheet so expect these lads to pop up.
*NEW ENEMY* Ork Kommandoz, simple recolor by me. Can be encountered. Very sneaky (bring recon), very purple. Very killy.
*NEW ENEMY* Ork Tankbustaz. A whole load of new weapons, but no custom sprites just yet. Can be encountered.
Most new Ork units are *in* and may be encountered, but do not yet have custom spritework. Still figuring out the best way to have them show up at different levels of Ork bases and patrols, scaling with tech tier.

New Ork Meganobz are the 'ardest there is. Proper stompy too.

*NEW ENEMY*: Ork Stormboyz.
*NEW ENEMY*: Ork Weird Boyz. With their trusty wyrdboy stikk, they're quite the menace (see page 2 of this thread for more info).

In progress:
*NEW ENEMY*: Attack and Bomb Squigs, Xom126 working on that stuff right now! Will be deployable by certain Ork units.
*NEW ENEMY*: Ork Dead 'Ard Ladz/'Ard Boyz. I'm working on some new sprites for these. Coding draft is done.
*NEW ENEMY*: Ork Kommandoz Nobz. I'm working on some new sprites for these.
*NEW ENEMY*: Ork Warboss to be encountered in high level Ork bases! Thanks to the sprite work of Xom126.

New Chaos Foes:
-Slaangors, Ungors and Brays are in with a new set of Slaanesh weaponry. These are early-mid game enemies, but may appear in some configs late game.

I drew a snakey boy, and then put him in the game. He's very friendly.

-Slaanesh Anointed, elite snakey infantry, boosts the variety further.

In progress:
-Slaangor Bullgors and Fiendgors.
-Slaangor Turnskins.

*On the to-do list* Chaos Daemon Nurglings, Heralds, Furies, Possessed, Spawn and doggos to round out the Chaos daemon enemies.

Other new stuff and changes:
-"Dekker" Pattern Twin Core Plasma Gun, a long range, twin-shot, plasma gun that will be available for both Chaos and Imperial forces. Capture it to research.
-Orks changed to not be 20% resistant to Lasgun fire. Credit to Buscher for this idea (he got a mod that handles this across the board for guard).
-Economy rebalance to be lighter on the grind. Personal preference, but adamantium and promethium costs are down across the board and money rewards are up. Feel free to tweak this to your own liking!

Download and Testing:
I've been working on this for a couple of months and have it in a playable state, even if all new assets aren't done yet, so I'm looking for playtesting, both for stability, bugs, missing things and balance.
Of course, if you're feeling inspired and want to make some sprites, either to patch up holes or got a cool new idea, feel free to contribute! You can find most of the "team" (as it is) on the 40k mod discord, we're happy to help out.

Some known issues on my fix-it-list:
-Enemies may appear dual wielding like Rambo. I've gone through the deployment files to minimize this, but it may still occur on occasion due to a couple of issues where I don't want to break something with the main mod or haven't found a solution.
-Some adeptas/chaos guns may appear for purchase in store for guards/space marine on occasion after I add a new weapon after midnight and forget to scrub a "buy" or "requires", give me a heads up and I'll fix it.
-Some sprites are not done yet and uses placeholders, goes for inventory sprites and floorOBs, and a few "spawns on death" units lack proper transformation animation. On the fix it list, but takes the most time.

Give me heads up if something is not working or you run into bugs and feel free to discuss the mod itself, And of course, you may reuse the sprite assets or make other changes.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 02:55:30 pm by Leflair »

Offline lurker

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [ADDON] ROSE - Rebalanced Orks and Sisters, Expanded
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 04:22:20 am »
This is so awesome so much work in this. I hope we find a way to submod this

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 10:59:14 pm »
Making some progress on the quick n dirty submod, cleaning out files as I go along. Problem is any new or changed file that reuses a sprite needs its respective resource included.
Got one elusive segmenatation fault that I'm not quite sure where it's coming from or why. Can't pin it down to anything specific yet.

Upcoming new stuff:
-BLOODY ROSE alternative basic sister power armor. Using the basic Khorne Sister sprite for now, no paper doll or anything, but some custom stats (for close combat/assault).
-Chaos Sister voices, I've found a different filter/recording of the DoW sisters and there's some positively psychotic lines in there to reuse.
-Custom sprites for the Elohim bolter are done. Big Object, hand object and floor object.
-Xom126 is making good progress on the squig, needs some animation adjustment but it's one chompy boy.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 11:23:42 pm »
You don't need to copy resources from the main mod unless you're making new items/armors/units that use the same resources. Even then, there are ways of loading some resources from the master mod just in ruleset:

Code: [Select]
items:
  - type: STR_SOME_ITEM_IN_MASTER_MOD
    #bigSprite: xx # you don't need to include this unless you're changing it

- type: STR_SOME_NEW_ITEM
    bigSprite: {mod: 40k, index: xx} # reusing the same sprite as the item above without having to copy the image

You can read more about using this in your ruleset here in the ruleset reference on ufopaedia.org.

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 01:33:08 pm »
I've been going through and pruning the duplicates and removing all reference to the sprite/anims that are repeated (and removing any duplicate unchanged item mentions), same for the respective sprites.

Didn't know about the { mod: YY index: XX } method, *it's now implemented in the submod version.

edit:
New version 04:
- including spritework for the Elohim bolter
- new soundfiles for all Chaos Sisters. You'll now hear the Chaos Repentia approaching.
- By player request: New alternative Bloody Rose Sister starting power armor. It's a little more close combat focused stats wise, no custom inventory yet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19usDJTYkHV1xOoXehQv90P-2hqZLhlwY/view?usp=sharing New cleaned up version, now without any inventory segmenation faults (knock on wood).

« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 12:50:12 am by Leflair »

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 06:50:52 pm »
Hello, time for a TEST EDITION update. Where the Mechanicus calls for volounteers to test out/play around with the new arsenal of ROSE weapons on offer, no new sprite work just yet, but all weapons are coded up and "should" operate as intended. New Codex/Ufopedia articles for all weapons included, but no custom art there either yet.

*NEW* Arsenal Test version 7, submod version download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13jTf7RsEwCVcPA1m0PoLoswaErzbH4Ou/view?usp=sharing
Now with *some* of the new weapon sprites included. BigOB: Arche, Hellspite, Mephisto, Dominion, Cherubim (has HandOB sprites), Phosphor grenade, Faust weapons (has HandOB sprites).
Known VFX Bugs:
-Blue Faust and Ork Faust weapons have a pixel artifact in the left corner, and are held out from the left hand. Haborym does not have this issue.
-Some minor inventory "frame" glitches with the faust weapons.
-Place holders are still in for the new Heavy Bolters (uses the Retributor heavy bolter), Storm Bolter (uses chaos red one for now) and Assault Cannon.
Changes: Fixed some HandOB bugs + drop off/range bugs. Potestas Heavy Bolter and Melta weapon now have longer effective range.

Some work in progress new weapons:

Top row: New "Faust" weapons, starting with the Ork Tank Busta Rokkitstikk, Adeptas "Faust" Krak/Melta Launcher, Adeptas "Haborym" Launcher and Guard Krak Launcher.
Second row: Ork Kommandoz "Throatslitta" Choppa, Kommandoz Sneaky Shoota, Tankbustaz Tankhammer and the Burnaboyz Burna/Scorcha kombiweapon.
Third row: Adeptas "Arche" Sniper bolter, Adeptas "Cherubim" Grenade Launcher and Phosphor Grenade (finally).
Fourth row: New Adeptas midtier+ Bolters, "Hellspite" KombiBolter/Grenade launcher, "Mephisto" KombiBolter/Flamer and "Dominion" Elite Bolter.
More are in the works.

What's New Summary:
In the Adeptas starting base you'll find the following new gear to try out (will also appear in the mission generator):
-Seraphim Pattern Boltpistols, more ammo, has autofire, rubbish accuracy. Spread the purging...mostly wide. Can use special high capacity magazines with less damage per bullet, as well as special "Penitence" ammo. Think Uzis.
-Scourge Pattern Boltpistols, with bayonet fixture. Favored by the Ebon Chalice Order. Slightly worse at shooting than the De'az (for balance/differentiation). Can use the new penitence magazines.
-Hellspite Pattern Bolter. Replaces bayonet with a underslung grenade launcher that can fire 3 types of 40mm grenade:  Incendiary, Penitence (anti-personel), Melta. Has 3 grenade capacity in its launcher.  Midtier bolter upgrade.
-Dominion Pattern Bolter, mid range. Befier melee at 65 power. Uses Full sized bolter ammo. Mid tier bolter upgrade.
-Redeemer Pattern Flachette/Inferno Shotgun, for close encounters with Heresy/Xenos. Where the Meltagun is the shotty of anti-armor, this is a... anti-meat shotty.
-Cherubim Pattern Grenade Launcher. Similar to IG Grenade launcher, but fires Phosphor, Incendiary and Penitence grenades.
-Choir Projector Gun, absolutely no Slaanesh going on here, just turning the Hymns of the Ecclesiarchy up to 11 to bypass armor and stun enemies that survive (a sonic type gun, feels pretty fitting for the Sisters). Midtier+
-Arche Pattern Sniper Bolter, developed from the Elohim. Not as accurate or punchy as the Space Marines Sniper Rifle, it's more flexible and does have the Elohim double-tap ability, in addition to using Sniper rifle HE, Inf ammo, it can also use Elohim ammo types. No bayonet.
-Faust Pattern Krak disposable one-shot rocket launcher. Inaccurate/short range anti-armor rocket.
-Haborym Pattern Incendiary disposable one-shot rocket launcher. Inaccurate/short range anti-infantry. Adeptas idea of a flare-stick. 
-Retributor Mk2 Pattern Heavy Bolter, now even lighter, uses 40 round box mag instead of beltfeeding. More mobile than the MkI, but a less stable firing platform.
-Potestas Pattern Heavy Kombi-Bolter, based on the Retributor Mk2, adds a underslung light Meltagun for a alt-fire mode. Midtier+
-Throne Pattern Micro Missile Launcher: Loads light incendiary missiles in packs of 3, can autofire the whole pack at mid-distance. Not very accurate, just the way Adeptas wants it.
-Malthus Pattern Lascannon, much more portable at the cost of firepower, accuracy and range limitations.
-Harmony Pattern Beamer-type Meltagun, a long(er)/mid range single beam meltaweapon, similar in purpose to the Malthus Lascannon, it can strip armor at a distance.
-Dominion pattern Halberd. Midtier melee option. 100 Power. Not as good as the Grey Knight Nemesis Halberd.
-De'az Pattern Stormbolter, lighter weight, less recoil, smaller ammo capacity. Recoil: 65. Midtier+
-Galgalim Pattern Assault Cannon, less weight, less recoil, smaller calibre, less accurate, less ammo capacity. Recoil: 85. High/Midtier+
*NEW With Version 6* Adeptas Jupiter-Pattern Gravgun. It got AoE, a fair bit of stun and armor damage.
*NEW With Version 7* Adeptas Plasma Spray Gun, based on the Clovis IV pattern Plasma Gun. 3-autoshot, weaker and less accurate than the standard plasma rifle.
Faust weapons now have slimmer 1 width inventory profiles, haborym is also 2 height only.

You may also encounter the new Burnaboyz, now sprited out (Aside for inventory doll), and the new Squig. Avoid the Stormboyz, for they have turned invisible (they can still hurt you). To see the Burnaboyz in action, along with Biker friends, select the STR_BURNABOYZ list in the mission generator.

Try it out and see what you think about ranges, power etc. Most weapons are tuned slightly weaker than their "full size" or Marine counterparts, while the midtier+ ones should be better than the starting gear.
The Malthus Lascannon (100 power vs 200 for fullsize lascannon) and the Harmonic Meltagun (just one beam, at higher power but not equal to a Meltagun up close) may be too weak for what they bring to the table.
Phosphor grenades don't create as much smoke/fire as I'd like (focus right now is on damage).
There may be bugs, been hunting down some list-order issues this afternoon, so see if you spot any (the Arche Sniper, using two different guns ammo, has some issues for example).

On the to-do list: Seraphim Hand-Flamers, and some Sisterly variations for Plasma weapons (probably wildly inaccurate/close range). Maybe some kind of beefy close range Bolter. I'm open to semi-fluffy ideas if you got any, bonus points if it's a weird/interesting/obscure weapon concept that fills a "weak" spot (without being too powerful).
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 02:56:49 pm by Leflair »

Offline lurker

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2020, 06:17:32 am »
Bug report:

Segmentation fault when I loaded a pre-existing save for Arbites while using the ROSE mod. It arises in the inventory screen. Specifically, I caused this by equipping the troops in the Arvus Lighter before launching an interception.

I'll attach stuff so you can see about it

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2020, 03:10:31 pm »
Bug report:

Segmentation fault when I loaded a pre-existing save for Arbites while using the ROSE mod. It arises in the inventory screen. Specifically, I caused this by equipping the troops in the Arvus Lighter before launching an interception.

I'll attach stuff so you can see about it

If it's happening in the inventory screen it's usually due to a item (could be equipped to a specific character, if it only crashes when you flip through characters) with a missing/wrongly linked sprite. I haven't added any gear to the Arbites, so it could be some other reason.

1) Can you flip through characters in the inventory screen or does it crash instantly when going to the equip screen before a mission?
2) Can you try the mission generator and see if it works then?

There are some crashes with the 40k 028 mod that got hotfixes for now, do you have the hotfix(es)? The ones I know of are related to loading save games with chaos rituals/spawners and above ground terror missions for the new outposts. Just to narrow things down.

Not related to your segfault, I have updated the link in my previous post to Arsenal Test version 4b v3.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 03:17:42 pm by Leflair »

Offline lurker

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 03:21:34 am »
I've got more specifics. I tried it again. I'm pretty sure the Arbites save file is pre-028, but when I load the save file without ROSE I don't get the segfault crash.

The crash actually happens when I select the base button from the geoscape.

Here's the latest log. I'm sorry, but I don't understand how to read it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 03:33:35 am by lurker »

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2020, 01:29:04 am »
I'm a little unsure what would cause that crash with the Arbites and just going into the base. Does it happen if you start a new 028 + ROSE arbites game? Could be a missing base UI graphics reference or a change between 027 and 028 base codes (entirely possible there's a mismatch there for ROSE too).

New Arsenal Test version,
Added Adeptas Gravgun Jupiter-Pattern, with a blastRadius 3 AoE crush effect and a new implosion sprite (work in progress). It kills weak health enemies, severely damages armor (only directionally due to engine limitations) and it does a lot of stun damage to anything that survives. 3 vs 5 ammo capacity compared to other Gravguns. All other gravguns also rebalanced for range, ammo capacity and armor+stun damage.
Added new Arche BigOB (longer sprite), handOB+FloorOB for Arche, Mephisto and Hellspite.
New BigOB and code for Cherubim  Grenade Drums.
New BigOB and code for 60 round Ammo Belts (3 flavors) and 40 round Box Ammo for the various Retributor Heavy Bolters. The MK1 uses the belts, the MK2 + Potestas uses the Box ammo versions.
New BigOB for light melta ammo for the Potestas Heavy Kombi Bolter

Download link v7 (arbites advanced prison cell fix included):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13jTf7RsEwCVcPA1m0PoLoswaErzbH4Ou/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 02:57:20 pm by Leflair »

Offline lurker

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2020, 04:17:41 am »
So I think I've discovered the source of my segfault. I did so by starting a new Arbites game with the ROSE mod enabled. During initial base layout, everything went swell until the moment I laid the Advanced Prison Cells. Maybe you could see about it, because I'd love my arbites to enforce some imperial law on your new orkz

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2020, 12:21:09 pm »
Interesting, that narrows it down a lot! Thanks. I'll look into it.

edit: I believe it's fixed, if you use the latest v7 Arsenal Test version of the ROSE mod (link in previous post), or alternatively, replace the ROSE mod terrain_40k.rul file (in the ruleset folder) with this file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B78eVwZbqstbGpGX1jZjUooUE-mB31yt/view?usp=sharing
The base building segfault was probably related to a broken SpriteReference with the Arbites prison facility, I've tested it in both custom base build and just normal start and building that facility without segway fault.

Try it out and see if it works for you.

As for the inventory segfault, that could be another error, I haven't modded arbites weapons, but it's possible its some other weapon in the inventory you had which caused it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 02:57:06 pm by Leflair »

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2021, 03:05:34 pm »
New in Arsenal test version 7:
-Adeptas Plasma Spray Gun, based on the Clovis IV pattern. 3-autoshot, no snapshot, less accurate and less damage-per-shot than the standard plasma rifle. I have changed the plasma rifles up to do more armor damage and adjusted their firing range (9-12 til span before accuracy drop off).

-Coded in and included all current ufopedia, research and manufacturing for the new equipment. Including ammo, so no more codex crashes.

-Slimified the Faust weapons to 1 width. Haborym is also only 2 height. There's a minor inventory graphical bug with the longer ones when equipped. Haven't figured out why the "black bands" aren't biting as they should yet.

New gun graphics:

Plasma Spray Gun

Gravgun

Malthus Light Lascannon

Long Arche

Beamer Harmonic Meltagun

The forces of Chaos will make use of some of these new weapons. Either in their Adeptas format (Chaos Sisters) or in Corrupted versions for some Chaos Marine units.
I've made corrupted versions of 2 so far:

Chaos Plasma Spray Gun.

Chaos Jupiter Pattern Grav Gun.
There's research, but not needed to unlock the Adeptas Plasma Spray Gun (it needs the standard chaos Plasma rifle). They do have slightly different stats, mostly a couple tiles longer range to give the AI a helping hand. The Gravgun is high-tech tier and limited to just a few commander/heavy weapons units (mostly Nurgle forces) and the Spray Gun will appear on high end Chaos Sisters unit or as high-tier weapon , so you will probably not run into them straight away.

New item objects:

Small Light Lascannon Power Pack for the Malthus

Adeptas ammo belt for the Retributor Heavy Bolter (3 flavors of ammo). 60 rounds (Space Marines Cases get 80 rounds but weigh more).

Adeptas ammo box for the Retributor Mk2 and Potestas Heavy Bolters (3 flavors of ammo). 40 rounds, even lower weight and cost.

Potestas Kombibolter melta tank.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 04:55:10 pm by Leflair »

Offline lurker

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2021, 05:33:54 pm »
Heya,

While I'm not on the very bleeding edge as I don't think I have the arsenal yet, i updated to ROSE7 and my CTD issue is definitely resolved!

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2021, 08:05:29 pm »
Great to hear it, I updated the facilities file in most of the available download sources so at least that one should be gone.

Arsenal Test v7 is now updated to... v5 (don't worry, the update links are up to date), which now includes sprite work for:

The 3 types of 40mm grenades used by the HELLSPITE mid tier Bolter.

The Scourge Pattern light bolt pistol, it has a bayonet, but that means it takes up 2x3 inventory slots. Can be handy though if you want to have that melee ability, be able to shoot people in the face and have a free off hand for a 'Faust.

The SERAPHIM pattern bolt pistol. It has extended mag and some other minor cosmetic differences from the De'az. If you're sitting still, it can fire 4 times in one turn (no ingame Akimbo mechanic, but lets just pretend its both pistols shooting).

+The two types of extended bolter mag, Seraphim and Penitence. With 20 and 15 rounds each. Allowing the Seraphim and Scourge bolt pistols to carry quite a bit of ammo into battle.

The Throne Rocket Launcher + ammo box.

Next on the to do list: The De'az pattern Stormbolter and the Galgalim Assault Cannon + Ammo. There's also a *special* ammo type to do for the Dominion Elite Bolter, the quite fun [Detonator] rounds, the Redeemer shotgun and finally the custom sprite for the Adeptas halberd melee weapon.

Some of these weapons will also be available for research for non-adeptas factions, thinking Beamer Meltagun and the Jupiter Gravgun.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 09:57:40 pm by Leflair »