aliens

Author Topic: another idea - radar range on geoscape  (Read 96883 times)

Offline xan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: another idea - radar range on geoscape
« Reply #180 on: February 03, 2013, 11:55:47 am »
i have cloned git supsuper git repo

I tried the system and it's beautiful,
just a problem.... if the circle are true, i never understand the meaning of radars :D

I always thought that increasing the number of radar increased the range, with small radar increased slightly. with large radar would increase more. I see that it is not true, anyone can explain how they work?

thz

Volutar

« Reply #181 on: February 03, 2013, 01:37:51 pm »
here. https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=UFO_Detection
the more radars you have the more chances they will detect ufo. i.e. it affects only on detection chance.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #182 on: February 06, 2013, 03:28:09 pm »
I finally got around to trying it, and I have to say I really like the radar circles :)

about the detection mechanism: I have already mentioned that I think the original method (one detection check every 30 minutes, chances increase with additional radars) is crap, but as long as we stick with it (being true to the original mechanics and all ;) ), maybe we could include that in the visualization? perhaps the radar circle could blink every full 30 minutes? maybe it should only do that on the lowest time settings, though ;)

as for the detection mechanics: don't you think it would make sense to increase the detection frequency instead of the detection chance with additional radars? a base with two radars would check every 15 minutes, with three every 10, with four every 7.5 minutes?

Offline MrWigggles

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2013, 12:45:56 pm »
The radar circle is only really needed for when an active UFO tracking event is happening and when you're placing down a new base.

Outside of those two events, it would probably just be clutter and noise on the Geoscope.