Author Topic: The Tormentor  (Read 1891 times)

Offline akk1990

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
The Tormentor
« on: December 15, 2020, 10:32:47 pm »
Hi,

Any reason why the Tormentor cant use plasma cannons?

Its the most advanced interceptor you can get. It doesnt really make sense that it cant use plasma cannons.

I never really liked the lightening or the firestorm looks wise and now that I have built a bunch of plasma cannons I really dont feel like using valuable resources building those craft just to make use of the plasma cannons.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: The Tormentor
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 12:44:15 pm »
Well, to be honest I had to diversify crafts. Plasma cannons belong with the "alien" family, so it uses plasma cannons. Tormentor is with the "Earth" family, so it uses Gauss cannons.

I personally think it's rather debatable whether the plasma cannon is so much better than Gauss, considering its maintenance costs.

Offline akk1990

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 02:46:05 pm »
Well, to be honest I had to diversify crafts. Plasma cannons belong with the "alien" family, so it uses plasma cannons. Tormentor is with the "Earth" family, so it uses Gauss cannons.

I personally think it's rather debatable whether the plasma cannon is so much better than Gauss, considering its maintenance costs.

the range and damage is mainly why I wanted to put the plasma cannons on the tormentors.

is it possible to edit the files so that it can use gauss cannons and plasma cannons so there is a choice? or is it a matter of one or the other, cant have a choice? (EDIT: I answered my own question again. I played with the files a little and changed it so I can put either the gauss cannon or plasma cannon on the Tormentor and it works fine).

I mean, I fine it perfectly fine not to be able to put the plasma cannon on other human interceptors, but for a craft called the 'ultimate hunter' I just found it odd that you couldnt put the plasma cannons on it if you wanted to.

EDIT2: Is it possible to only build one Tormentor? I wanted to replace my three thunderstorms with three Tormentors but I cant seem to build more than 1 Tormentor.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 03:11:35 pm by akk1990 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 03:23:41 pm »
Yes, it can be done. You need to edit crafts_XCOMFILES.rul and under Tormentor, change weaponType 0 to 1.
Also, you can build as many as you want.