Author Topic: Defend against the gal who sent missiles to bombard my base  (Read 3741 times)

Offline Drago888

• Captain
    • View Profile
Defend against the gal who sent missiles to bombard my base
« on: November 14, 2020, 07:08:38 am »
Hi all,

Had lost my current game (before I even select my codex) due to 2 hits by missiles in the same month.

1st hit lost -
   1. 1x barrack
   2. Radar
   3. 1x prison
   4. Mess hall

2nd hit - (lost the game)
   1. armored vault (left only 10 vault space thus quit the game as need to sell off almost everything)
   2. I think I saw the old earth lab been destroyed.

Question is how do I defend against them in early game?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 12:03:02 pm by Drago888 »

Offline Drago888

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Defend against the gal who sent missiles to bombard my base
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 12:10:16 pm »
I still can't figure out how to deal with it. Any advise is appreciated.

Another playthrough, try to research towards anti air first but then lost too many hands as not researching armor first.

Will like to know about your successful playthrough strategy. (Which tech to research first?)

Thanks

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 01:40:43 pm »
I think you don't get early bombardment at all, unless you play on the highest difficulty. Otherwise you only get bombarded after doing some non-early research.

Did you do any investigation related to satellites, data networks and scary red-eyed ladies?

Offline Drago888

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 02:13:33 pm »
I think you don't get early bombardment at all, unless you play on the highest difficulty. Otherwise you only get bombarded after doing some non-early research.

Did you do any investigation related to satellites, data networks and scary red-eyed ladies?

Oh i see, thanks. i played on the highest difficulty and iron mode.

Hmm, cos remember last time i played (probably half a year to a year ago), the missiles are not that tough. Usually armored vault can shoot it down in early games. However, believe that they increase the hp of the missile as still incurred damage even when hit the missile. Will try again with other strategy. I'm alive again after 2 movies to get back on my feet :)

Btw, I did not even get to chainmail armor. Not even workshop.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 05:07:43 pm »
Oh i see, thanks. i played on the highest difficulty and iron mode.

To be perfectly and brutally frank, you shouldn't ask for any help in this situation.
I am a co-creator of this mod (well, to a very limited degree, but still) and I wouldn't play it on Jack Sparrow, much less on Ironman... This level is for maniacs, or people who finished the game multiple times so they crave more difficulty.
I don't understand what even made you choose the highest difficulty, but I really advise you to downgrade it. You can do so by editing "difficulty: 4" in your save to something lower (0 is the lowest, 4 the highest).

Hmm, cos remember last time i played (probably half a year to a year ago), the missiles are not that tough. Usually armored vault can shoot it down in early games. However, believe that they increase the hp of the missile as still incurred damage even when hit the missile. Will try again with other strategy. I'm alive again after 2 movies to get back on my feet :)

Well, gotta say, you are tenacious,  congrats :) But still, I'm not sure if I'd want to do this on Jack Sparrow if I were you. Just my two cents.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 06:56:13 pm »
There was no increase of HP. Armored vault can shoot down a missile (the weaker type at least) if you're super lucky (due to RNG damage roll).

Offline Drago888

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 01:23:44 am »
To be perfectly and brutally frank, you shouldn't ask for any help in this situation.
I am a co-creator of this mod (well, to a very limited degree, but still) and I wouldn't play it on Jack Sparrow, much less on Ironman... This level is for maniacs, or people who finished the game multiple times so they crave more difficulty.
I don't understand what even made you choose the highest difficulty, but I really advise you to downgrade it. You can do so by editing "difficulty: 4" in your save to something lower (0 is the lowest, 4 the highest).

Well, gotta say, you are tenacious,  congrats :) But still, I'm not sure if I'd want to do this on Jack Sparrow if I were you. Just my two cents.

Oh I see. Guess I shall downgrade then. Cos had never managed to win the game before. Further I played before losting is school graduation. And lost as had no way to shoot down the enemy ufo and all available research completed. Thanks

Offline Drago888

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2020, 01:28:37 am »
There was no increase of HP. Armored vault can shoot down a missile (the weaker type at least) if you're super lucky (due to RNG damage roll).

Oh I see thanks. Guess last time my playthrough years ago, I am quite lucky. Cos always shoot down the missile before I get my anti air defence up.
My third playthrough also quite lucky. Both waves only destroy 1 x radar and 1 x  prison cell (had 2 of them). Guess I will be losing soon as chicken out on many of the usual mission. Also waiting to complete krazy hanna or get a few highway mission so that I can get some 25mm guns to build flak tower. Curious to see how far I will go.

Offline Drago888

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2020, 01:32:42 am »

Btw isn't it triggered by time? Seems like always appear after a few months (probably 3. never really count)

Offline Drago888

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2020, 01:35:37 am »

The next playthrough will be going for lower difficulty. Just curious to see how far I can go in this quite lucky playthrough. I seriously believe I will lose soon as my gals are untrained. Thanks. Probably shall try the middle difficulty and finish the game at least once.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2020, 07:28:11 am »
Btw isn't it triggered by time? Seems like always appear after a few months (probably 3. never really count)

The additional strikes on maximum difficulty are time based, but the "normal" way is as part of a story arc progression. 

Offline Drago888

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2020, 08:19:03 am »
The additional strikes on maximum difficulty are time based, but the "normal" way is as part of a story arc progression.

Oh i see. Thanks