aliens

Author Topic: Making money  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Marrik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Making money
« on: November 10, 2020, 03:27:59 am »
I seem to have built up my bases too much too quickly, and I'm running an income deficit (3.8 million income, +4 million maintenance costs). I'm fairly early in the game, do you have any suggestions for making money other than just doing every mission and waiting for my income to rise enough to make up for it?

Offline ZakG

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Making money
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 10:29:30 am »
This is something you run into in base X-com too. The solution is either start a new game and NOT build up as much (ie control your finances better), OR keep your game but sell off bases you can't afford to keep, transfer staff and equipment to the bases you want to keep.

As the manufacturing process works a little differently in this mod, you can't rely on that early step of making medipacks to sell for example.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 10:46:29 am »
basically its hard to make any money manufacturing stuff in the current version. most will be huge loss.

when you say income, do you mean monthly from council, or all income?
since the main source of money is selling stuff... weapons, opened weapon/explosives creates content, dead bodies (or live prisoners) and the cult missions literally give you suitcases full of money...

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 11:24:47 am »
I seem to have built up my bases too much too quickly, and I'm running an income deficit (3.8 million income, +4 million maintenance costs). I'm fairly early in the game, do you have any suggestions for making money other than just doing every mission and waiting for my income to rise enough to make up for it?

I try to keep the maintenance below my Council income. What you mentioned is pretty much how you will weather it. If you cannot make due, just sell some facilities and/or fire some personnel until you can manage.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 01:10:32 pm »
its your main income source usually.
a single money suitcase is 100k. you can get a dozen of them in some missions. one UFO landing gets you millions.
so if you do missions its of course no guaranteed income, but usually you can get a lot more than the council income that way.