Author Topic: Is there a way to change soldier's stats?  (Read 3612 times)

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Is there a way to change soldier's stats?
« on: November 15, 2020, 06:19:50 pm »
Hey guys, sorry I looked around a bit but couldn't find a solid answer.

Basically I want to alter the stats of my agents after I hire them and they first come to base, to be able to create the agent in my mind. I've tried to edit their stats in the save files but the game doesn't load stating that there is something wrong, I can't even change their bravery. So is there anyway I can change their stats without crashing the game? Do I need a trainer and is there one?

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to change soldier's stats?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 07:58:46 pm »
Editing the save file works fine for me. Even when I try screwy stuff like having 'initialStats' higher than 'currentStats'.

What excatly did you do?

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 08:17:34 pm »
For example this is what I did right now, because it's been a while since I first tried it:

I started a new game and saved it. Then I opened the save file with notepad. Changed one of my agents' bravery from 30 to 40 and strength from 37 to 41 (under the line initialStats), saved it. It did not crash but my agent's stats remained still 30 and 37 even if it is written differently in the save file.

Then I reverted the initial stats back to normal anyway and this time changed the stats under currentStats. Now when I load it says error at some line and column: illegal map value.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 08:27:45 pm »
you need to change currentStats, not initialStats

and the errors you're getting are because the file is not formatted correctly... every space is important... one less or one more and it will fail loading

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 08:38:59 pm »
Heh, I thought that to be the case but I have been just changing the numbers and the order of things seemed to be stay the same. But after your post this time I've opened the file with docpad in which lines appear the way they should and it worked.. Interestingly my stats are 1 point higher than I've edited but I think it is due to the agent having original member perk.

Thanks a lot guys!