Author Topic: [Suggestion] [QoL] Research points spent indicator  (Read 1573 times)

Offline bublebree

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] [QoL] Research points spent indicator
« on: November 09, 2020, 06:19:03 am »
Hello,

I have a simple suggestion to User Interface: to show number of points researched for each topic in "current research" tab. For each researcher that spent a day reserching a point would be added. This could be a number either in separate column or as part of "progress" column.

It would show absolute amount of "research" done for given topic. This is no new information, any player can count it, he just needs to remember how many days he had that many researches assigned to the topic. This just gets difficult when having several bases, each with several reseach topics and remembering it all. Just for reference I play XPiratez mods and it has shitload of research topics :-) I think benefits are obvious, it helps improve research efficiency.

I dont know how difficult this would be to implement, but given that game already tracks this information, I hope this is just making interface change.
I couldnt find if this was already suggested.

BR,
Bublebree

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] [QoL] Research points spent indicator
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 01:15:39 pm »
It's not me who decides would it be live or not, but I personally disagree. When playing XCF (it has a lot of research too) I never needed that info - you have progress, and it is very clear to me. I would not like any more info here, this is not a production, where the player knows how long should it take to make things. In my mod, I even disable the tech tree to hide the needed amount of effort needed.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] [QoL] Research points spent indicator
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 04:39:14 pm »
If you want that much information, you can just open the savefile and go to the research part. It is all shown there.