Author Topic: [Solved] Soldiers cloning themselves when loading  (Read 1428 times)

Offline MontyDrake

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[Solved] Soldiers cloning themselves when loading
« on: October 29, 2020, 11:23:41 am »
Lately I've been experimenting with a mod that gave me three soldiers with predefined stats and names.
It all run smoothly until I started noticing some of my soldiers went MIA without reason, and then I noticed while testing that anytime I saved in battlescape and loaded, the first three normal soldiers in the craft took the identities of these three specific soldiers, becoming efectively new clones of these three guys when in battle, and their original soldiers in place becoming missing in action when the craft returned to base.

Crazy thing is, if I happen to have the three guys in the craft, then I save and load, the next three guys after them, become clones, so I have two iterations of these soldiers running around. The second set of them, without any equipment.

I went to my ruleset, commented every data regarding this three guys in the startingBase section, started a new campaing, and everything went back to the normal behavior when saving and loading in battlescape.

Is there any chance the information on the startingBase section of my rulest interferes with the savegame information in the battlescape?

Can anybody replicate this? Am I doing something wrong?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 02:20:28 pm by MontyDrake »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Soldiers cloning themselves when loading
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 11:52:33 am »
The IDs of your predefined soldiers and IDs of normal new soldiers are clashing.

Offline MontyDrake

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Soldiers cloning themselves when loading
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 02:19:52 pm »
That was it. My bad. Thank you very much Meridian