Author Topic: Battlescape development  (Read 245460 times)

Offline Fenyő

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Battlescape development
« Reply #345 on: October 22, 2012, 09:44:04 pm »

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #346 on: October 24, 2012, 10:39:59 am »
Urm, when I was updating my source code I kinda forgot to keep the Snakemen draw rountine?!  :(

If I get chance tonight, I'll have another pop at it

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 31, 2012, 12:06:15 pm »
I'm currently busy merging in Warboy's battlescape work into openxcom, starting with all the aliens we are still missing. It goes well so far, I'm however not committing anything yet, I don't want to keep SupSuper from wrapping up his 0.4.5 version

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #348 on: October 31, 2012, 12:42:02 pm »
Good stuff. I wasn't getting very far with it anyway  :(

Volutar

« Reply #349 on: October 31, 2012, 12:44:22 pm »
intrersting thing, that info from original xcom (on unit drawing) was kinda ignored. that's how it work. well, copy'n'paste rules

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #350 on: October 31, 2012, 12:46:01 pm »
I'm currently busy merging in Warboy's battlescape work into openxcom, starting with all the aliens we are still missing. It goes well so far, I'm however not committing anything yet, I don't want to keep SupSuper from wrapping up his 0.4.5 version

0.45 , we must be getting close to  0.5 with all the features being worked on :P

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 31, 2012, 02:51:34 pm »
if you're going to merge that code, you should be aware that there's a bug with the soldier/muton drawing routine. (routine0?)
when a unit "falls" (ie: there is no tile under it) it counts as flying and tries to use the flying legs. mutons do not have these entries in their .pck file, so a workaround is in order. my fix was to pack the muton pck file with 8 extra blank tiles representing the flying legs.

also, mutons won't render properly unless you set their "drawmethod" to 1. this is just a flag i added to their ruleset so i could tell whether it was a muton or not from inside the code, in hindsight i suppose the same flag could be used to set whether or not to use flying legs.

anyway, just a heads up.

also: holy crap you're including my code to the master? that's awesome! colour me flattered.

Volutar

« Reply #352 on: October 31, 2012, 03:47:49 pm »
Actually there is no "flying" state for falling units. At all. Falling units are always treated as standing. "Flying" legs are enabled only for flying state of xcom flying power suit, if there's no ground beneath.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 31, 2012, 04:16:23 pm »
well, all i'm saying is, i managed to crash it on a muton mission, and the stacktrace showed it was trying to blit the legs, and the unit's movement state was MT_FLYING,
no idea what caused it, but i had the same issue with the police. padding out the pck file seems to have resolved it in both cases, but this is the wrong solution.
i can't say for sure what the circumstances were, because the units weren't visible at the time. whatever the case, i just thought i ought to mention it.

Volutar

« Reply #354 on: October 31, 2012, 05:12:31 pm »
I guess that happened because unit animation state is screwed. Some bugs in "unit_walk" function or how it called.

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 31, 2012, 05:41:29 pm »
Thanks for mentioning. It's just a matter of checking if the unit has the ability to fly or not, if not: never try to draw these "flying legs", that should fix it. I wouldn't mess around with the movement state, because it controls other stuff too.

edit: hmm, how come it isn't crashing for other non-flying units using drawing routine 0? (sectoids, overalls, personal armor,...)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:44:53 pm by Daiky »

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 31, 2012, 07:01:03 pm »
if it passes your tests then i'll assume i just did something silly, or the problem was fixed upstream.

this is why i don't make pull requests and leave it to the professionals.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #357 on: November 03, 2012, 11:08:41 am »
Daiky , are the Mutons supported yet , i just found a feature of gimp i have been trying to find for 12 months ( replace Colour A with Colour B ) and just did a quick test using Mutons, they still don't match the guy on the start up movie...YET, but i really want a Flying variety and  these Red Suits may become them one day.

Update , Black/Grey Mutons look pretty cool also , these ones will most likely become my Flying unit oneday.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:15:38 pm by luke83 »

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 03, 2012, 12:28:38 pm »
every alien is in, at least in my sandbox, I didn't commit yet, as some things are not finished, like silacoid burning ground

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 05, 2012, 11:34:05 am »
... and the celatid spit. This nasty alien causes a lot of trouble