Author Topic: Red Dawn HQ vents warfare  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Frubsy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Red Dawn HQ vents warfare
« on: October 19, 2020, 03:43:34 am »
Potential spoil ahead?

I've been met with a new and unexpected threat when doing Red Dawn HQ after installing the new version of the mod. It seems that for some reason ennemies are able to throw explosives from the level below, I hear hear the throwing sound during enemy turn and my soldiers exploding. At first I thought those were land mines but it seems to stop when they lose vision on me (plus the throwing sounds shouldn't happen without reason).
Has anyone experienced this issue lately? Apologies if this was already posted, I did a quick research but couldn't find anything

Here are some screenshots, the place my soldiers died matches the vents below. I wanted to try throwing explosives from the vents to test but they surrendered before I completely forgot after cleaning up the vents

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dawn HQ vents warfare
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 04:04:55 pm »
Could the explosives have been thrown from one of the entries or through one of the big holes in the ground?
This has never happened to me before, but I am always quick in securing the surface, so no enemy can spot my squad for his compatriots in the vents, anyway.

Offline Frubsy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 04:17:57 pm »
I don't think so, I was pretty far from the death holes and I think I should have been able to see the bomb fly from there during enemy turn

Here's a screenshot of the map

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 04:24:35 pm »
This is a known problem, discovered very recently thanks to this very map. As I understand, it turned out that it was present in the original game as well.

This issue should be solved by upgrading to OXCE 6.7. It will be required by the next X-Com Files release anyway, since it has some new features that XCF will make good use of.