aliens

Author Topic: EXALT HQ not spawning  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Moagim

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
EXALT HQ not spawning
« on: August 02, 2020, 05:29:30 pm »
I wont post this in bugs thread since maybe I am just a noob. Still here is my problem - I am in the late december of 97, I took out Church of Dagon and decided to go after the EXALT next. I finished the "Location of EXALT HQ" research project and got the report saying that I need to take the EXALT leader alive.

However there is no EXALT HQ location on the map even about a week after I researched the HQ location. Do I need some other reasearch? Does it take longer to spawn the HQ (though I am pretty sure that the Dagon HQ spawned pretty much right after the research was done...)? Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: EXALT HQ not spawning
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 06:20:08 pm »
HQs always spawn at the beginning of the next month after researching the project. There can be small delay of a couple of days. The mission site despawns after a short while, if not attacked and will respawn each month in the same spot until the mission is completed.

Offline Moagim

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 06:21:34 pm »
Ah, so things should be fine then. Thanks!

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 07:16:02 pm »
HQs always spawn at the beginning of the next month after researching the project. There can be small delay of a couple of days. The mission site despawns after a short while, if not attacked and will respawn each month in the same spot until the mission is completed.

The exception is the Red Dawn HQ, which has multiple possible spawn locations. It will still respawn each month, however.

Also, HQs spawn even after you complete them until you choose to terminate their associated cult. I'm not sure why exactly you'd want to do one of those missions again when it's no longer necessary, but you can do it.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 06:35:27 pm »
The exception is the Red Dawn HQ, which has multiple possible spawn locations. It will still respawn each month, however.

Also, HQs spawn even after you complete them until you choose to terminate their associated cult. I'm not sure why exactly you'd want to do one of those missions again when it's no longer necessary, but you can do it.

There are a few fringe reasons: You might want to make the money, missing research, you might want to research a living Deep One (after researching autopsy and Alien Containment) and the Dagon HQ is sure to have them.

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 06:50:27 pm »
There are a few fringe reasons: You might want to make the money, missing research, you might want to research a living Deep One (after researching autopsy and Alien Containment) and the Dagon HQ is sure to have them.

Deep Ones show up quite frequently in their own missions if you get far enough, but I guess if you're super strapped for funds that's still a valid option. That said, not terminating the cults will lead to slander missions so it's still in your best interests to terminate the cults ASAP. (Also, there's a few missions that require a cult termination as a prerequisite, such as the Assassin Clan bank robberies.)