Author Topic: [Feedback] UFO self destruct. Not feature request but a discussion.  (Read 1328 times)

wcho035

I don't know where else to put this, so I place it here.

A while ago, I have raised the request of ufo armed with self destruct. So in X turn, if all aliens are not eliminated and self destruct disarmed. The explosion will render the UFO unsalvageable and by chance if your soldier in the ufo were about to disarm and caught in the blast range... well it's unfortunate.

I now have found a way to implement this feature without new feature request. However, I am struggling to decide if it is necessary.

The Pros.

- It add a new level of game play intensity. Like there is a Time component you have to disarm the self destruct.

The Cons.

-It up the difficulty by a bit, and you loses salvage. It is a bit of a gamble. So I want to leave it here in the forum for people to decide of such a feature is desirable.

This feature will work better having UFOs differentiate with missionsite and crashsite Aliendeployment.  So only crash site will Alien use self destruct. However that feature is something else all together.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 10:26:11 am by Meridian »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Re: UFO self destruct. Not feature request but a discussion.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 06:32:46 am »
You could add an item (let's say, a big bomb powerful enough to break UFO walls) with chronoTrigger and set a number of turns before it explodes and destroys the UFO. There you go, self destruction.

wcho035

Re: UFO self destruct. Not feature request but a discussion.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 07:22:20 am »
Thanks efrenespartano, I have actually implement and tested the feature. Just wondering if this is an interesting and good feature.