Author Topic: X-Com Files Soldier Face catalog (for those who want to customize their peeps)  (Read 3580 times)

Offline WaldoTheRanger

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Just a little thing I cooked up with copy/paste + gimp

After I discovered that right clicking on the solider's armour in the inventory screen at the base would allow you to change your soldier's faces, I tried to use it to really personalize my people, a-la fireaXcom (because I actually like that part of the new ones)

However, I quickly became frustrated by the intense amount of options, and the lack of a preview.

To find the perfect face for my character meant scrolling and clicking through 6 dozen entries, with no way to compare them along the way.

This is an attempt to fix that.

It's messy, but it's better than nothing. If someone wants to make a prettier version I'd be all for that.

Enjoy.

P.S., I know the black background makes it hard to see some of the finer details in the hair of the soldiers and etc, but sadly that's also the color of the default background in the selection screen, and trying to use the bucket function to fix this is really messy, as many of the hairdoos are the exact color of that background.

Offline NancyGold

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Where are Mulder and Scully?  :D

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
Nice little compilation. I do actually bother with assigning the custom faces to my agents, usually pairing up based on skill and seniority.

Chump rookie? You get Bobby or Wong face. Live long enough you might graduate to an Adam or Ernesto, but don't get your hopes up. You want a Guile haircut?? Hah, better solo that Ethereal base then, we don't just hand those out to anyone.  8)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Thanks, useful.

And more faces are always welcome. :)

Offline WaldoTheRanger

• Colonel
    • View Profile

Good question :)
I suppose you can make them.

Offline WaldoTheRanger

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Thanks, useful.

And more faces are always welcome. :)

Glad you like it.
I'm not going to make my own, as fun as it would be, but I'll update it (eventually) if more are added.

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Thanks for this, this is what I have wanted for a long time now. Finding the face that fits was taking quite a while, and a bit confusing and frustrating. No more!

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile

I don't know, but when I first played XCF and chose (IMHO) that Mulder's face is Jay, and Scully is Joan.  :D