Author Topic: Questions about Experience  (Read 1665 times)

Offline EmoNewtype

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Questions about Experience
« on: July 07, 2020, 07:36:55 am »
Due to the changes in how some kinds of experience are awarded in this mod, I have some questions regarding how best to train my agents, in 2 broad categories:

1) On Bravery:
Does this mod still use the vanilla calculation of each bravery increasing action adding 11% to the chance of it increasing at the end of battle, or is there now a minimum threshold of actions like the other stats? Since the most common type of item in the mod that gives bravery experience are medical items, must the item actually affect the target for EXP to be gained? (For example, Healing when the target has no more wounds still expends Medi-Kit charges, but does it grant EXP?)

2) Piloting EXP:
I recall it being possible for an agent to increase their stats by fighting UFOs in air combat, but I would like to know what stats can be increased this way, if specific actions in air combat effect this growth (Ex. Reactions only growing if an attack is dodged?), and what chance stats have of growing through air combat.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about Experience
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 12:18:35 pm »
The mod doesn't add any algorithms that aren't already part of OXCE. For a more in-depth explanation concerning experienceTrainingMode see https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4230.0.

Case in point, only healing fatal wounds can award experience.

In regards to piloting, see dogfightExperience in the soldier definitions (soldiers_XCOMFILES.rul).

Offline EmoNewtype

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about Experience
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 12:39:19 am »
Thank you for your help!