aliens

Author Topic: Let's Play Is LIVE!  (Read 51005 times)

Offline liberation

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Is LIVE!
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 11:24:13 am »
Watched all of them so far, been highly amusing! If your needing some more breaching fodder I would be happy to help!

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 12:56:28 pm »
on a second thought, can I be resurected next time a new soldier joins? :D

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 01:00:30 pm »
What i am not on the OXC credits , i guess i don't count since i have not contributed any code ;)

No problem, i am happy to wait until person armour  , maybe then i wont be the first dead of the ship  ;D

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 02:28:21 pm »
Watched all of them so far, been highly amusing! If your needing some more breaching fodder I would be happy to help!
Thanks, you're on the list.

Luke, that's for the mention. Nobody has died off the ship yet - though we have been close.

Offline papamaanbeer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch papamaanbeer
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, 03:11:31 pm »
Hey Room for one more? i like the video's

Papamaanbeer

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 05:07:21 pm »
Happy Holidays everyone!!! Happy New Year

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2012, 06:44:58 pm »
I did something like this in another forum a long time ago. I had, and still have no idea how to stream or record something so I just wrote mission reports with images, lots of images. I set up a recruitment thing, different soldier classes depending on stats requirements, wrote research reports and some other writings to add more flavor. I also made the community participate by allowing them to vote in different matters like research and manufacturing projects, allowing them to transfer from one team to another and things like that.

The community really liked it and they were really active. They even started to roleplay in the thread and making custom sigs and avatars. Good times.

Offline shuuk

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 12:39:05 pm »
lol nice gogogo:)

@Chiko
you can make videos like this with fraps
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 12:49:10 pm by shuuk »

Offline hsbckb

• Colonel
  • Gill Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 12:57:26 pm »
I want to join the team. ;D

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 05:57:10 pm »
Papamaanbeer and hsbckb, I've added you to the roster

Chiko, yeah, the LP for Apoc by GuavaMoment was written with screenshots. Very funny stuff because he made it more of story than a game too

I've got a really bad cough that's developed over the last couple of days, so I'm not sure if I'll record any today I'm afraid. I think I'll probably wait until I can talk properly down the mic

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 07:08:39 pm »
I did something like this in another forum a long time ago. I had, and still have no idea how to stream or record something so I just wrote mission reports with images, lots of images. I set up a recruitment thing, different soldier classes depending on stats requirements, wrote research reports and some other writings to add more flavor. I also made the community participate by allowing them to vote in different matters like research and manufacturing projects, allowing them to transfer from one team to another and things like that.

The community really liked it and they were really active. They even started to roleplay in the thread and making custom sigs and avatars. Good times.
Yeah I used to do this sort of thing in forums too when I had more disposable time :P it was fun.

Good luck with your LP pmprog, looking forward to see how often I get killed. What's up with the spacing around the game though?

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 07:22:37 pm »
Good luck with your LP pmprog, looking forward to see how often I get killed. What's up with the spacing around the game though?
OBS refuses to record OpenXCOM if I place it fullscreen - it only seems to capture part of the cursor, the rest of the screen is black. So I have to  record it Windowed. I suppose I should just configure OBS better, and I'll try and get around to that. It's all still a bit new, so I'm still learning about modifying the layouts and adding scenes etc.

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 02:20:10 am »
@Chiko
you can make videos like this with fraps
I know. I'm just... hesitant when using new software. :P

Chiko, yeah, the LP for Apoc by GuavaMoment was written with screenshots. Very funny stuff because he made it more of story than a game too
Yeah, I was not a good writer at that time but my reports were still fun to read for most. The bad thing about it is time consumption and effort... I could with 1 playthrough and a half. You need some will to keep it working. And I'm lazy. xD

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2012, 08:14:34 pm »
Pmprog, will you be updating OpenXcom for next videos? What about breaking compatibility of saves? :/

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 08:43:36 pm »
the last few additions will only break battlescape saves. don't update until you get to the geoscape and save, should be fine.