Author Topic: Quick Grenade Throw  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Quick Grenade Throw
« on: May 23, 2020, 06:59:30 pm »
Is it possible to quickly throw a grenade?
Currently I go into the inventory, put it in my hand with the mouse, go out, throw it.
It would be nice for the grenade to be automatically transferred to the hand by pressing a key.
Or at least shifted by pressing a key in the inventory, like a preset

+ question.
Sometimes you need to transport materials to another base,
Is it possible to change the number of ten or hundreds? Currently possible long with the left-click or “all” with the right-click
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 05:24:19 am by Bonakva »

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Grenade Throw
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 04:12:36 am »
Interesting idea. Though it needs a lot of TU, so i´m not sure a quick action is appropriate there.
Not sure if the engine supports that though...

With the item selection (on buy/sale/manufacture) it would actually be great to have a 3rd option, +100 or so. The "all" is pretty handy already.
But everytime you wanna manufacture like 500 alloys or so you gotta hold the button for 2mins...

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 10:42:53 am »
FYI you can use the mousewheel to increment numbers if you have that option enabled (not sure if it's on by default). You can change the quantity/increments in the options as well.

As for your original question:
This is impossible to implemented in the mod. You'd need to post/propose this in the OXCE-subforum and see if anybody is willing to code that feature.

As for the feature itself:
How/where would you define which grenade is used if there is more than one in the soldiers inventory? Should this work on a per-soldier basis? How would this work priority wise for different inventory slots? Taking things from the backpack takes more TU than from shoulder/belt slots. Should grenades in these slots be prioritized even if it's a diffrent grenade type? Should this feature take into account the cost for arming&throwing as well and not transfer the grenade if you don't have enough TU's left to arm&throw the grenade?

I don't see a way to make this feature useful considering the many different types of grenades we have in the game. I find myself using incendiary&HE at about the same rate against normal enemies and  EMP against bots. You would probably need hotkeys for different damage types (kinetic vs HE vs plasma vs EMP etc.) or even different grenades (normal grenades vs dynamite, tritanium demo charges vs tritanium grenades etc.). This isn't as easy or simple a feature as you make it out to be.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 10:47:13 am by krautbernd »

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 01:47:57 pm »
oh, stubbornly did not see the option with the scroll wheel, this solved my problem.

I don’t particularly imagine the implementation of the common key. But here the main types of grenades at 1,2,3,4 sounds somehow more feasible, by itself TU from the location of the grenade