Author Topic: cannot find last alien even with map reveal?  (Read 3498 times)

Offline yhe1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
cannot find last alien even with map reveal?
« on: May 17, 2020, 04:03:30 am »
attached is my final mod pack saved game, base defense mission. Yet I cannot see the last alien even with the whole map revealed via debug mode. Can somebody check if there is a bug? Thanks

Offline yhe1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: cannot find last alien even with map reveal?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 05:35:25 am »
Nevermind, I found the last alien.

Although I didn't see him even when I set debug mode to true, and had to manually find him?

Offline yhe1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 06:41:39 am »
Perhaps in debug mode, there could be a function to center the camera on each alien, to avoid this issue.

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 01:08:30 am »
Hmm, in debug mode in OXCE using quick battle with only 1 alien, the alien is left selected and centered after the alien turn.  Maybe this doesn't happen if the alien doesn't move, not sure.  The center selected unit button will recenter on the alien if I had changed the view position.  However, the select next unit button just deselects the alien and will not reselect him if clicked again.  Probably would be nice if this button worked in debug mode on the aliens' turn to cycle through the alien units.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 03:21:45 am »
Debug mode is running the civilian turn. You can't select alien units on the civilian turn.

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 06:48:52 am »
In quick battle there were no civilians present when I tried this.  (I didn't use his save file.)  In debug mode after the computer is done moving the aliens and before I press end turn the last alien is still selected (indicated by yellow arrow).  The center on selected unit will center on the alien with the yellow arrow.  The select next unit will just deselect the current unit.  Maybe it would have selected a civilian if one was present, I don't know.  I can still manually select aliens with the mouse though, which I wouldn't think would work if it was the civilians turn.  In playing around with this, when I pressed end turn with an alien selected I think it then went to the civilian turn as I wasn't able to select any alien or x-com unit.  As there were no civilians I wan't able to confirm that it was the civilian turn.  Pressing end turn a second time, advanced the turn number (shown on the press button to continue window) and automatically selected an x-com unit as expected.  It seems to me that in debug mode the alien turn doesn't end automatically without pressing the end turn button before going to the civilian turn.

I was surprised yhe1 had trouble finding the last alien in debug mode.  Not having the FMP, I didn't try his save and just used what I had (OXCE 6.3.4 with X-Piratez mod K2) and quick battle in debug mode.  I would have expected him to see the last alien indicated by the yellow selection arrow and centered on the screen during the alien turn.  Even if it was the civilian turn, he should still have been able to see the alien's location on the minimap.

Offline madhusingh

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
    • get oyo coupons
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 01:26:39 pm »
Hello,

Debug mode performs a democratic switch. On the civilian transition, you can't choose alien groups.