Author Topic: Idea for mission  (Read 3856 times)

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Idea for mission
« on: May 15, 2020, 08:53:48 pm »
I play and suddenly the mission is at the North Pole, I fly in, and there is "Thing". Awesome reference. Maybe you should do something similar with a predator? An unknown signal, disembark, corpses without skin around and a predator with imba characteristics capable of destroying the entire team. After the battle, give a spear, disk, or plasma gun as a trophy. (In general, predators have many interesting weapons for close combat)
You can do several similar missions. Let them be rare, with a good unique reward.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 08:55:54 pm by Bonakva »

Offline Alazar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for mission
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 01:21:35 pm »
I actually suggested this to Solarius, he shot the idea down, cause he does not want to make too many references.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 02:46:14 pm »
~~^^
..anyway, but from that Predator Mission - there would be some pretty pack of rewards (such bunch of items, artefact, for research, - at least :

1. body of Predator

dead (or even live, stunned) predator

2. *P. sup.Armor ~~ "Armors && Armaments"

her (his, preadat´s super-armor  (such hi-tech power-armor, from any of those super-materials, like "live", & polymorph plastasteel, /or, even better, any topological graphene, - molybdenite, - staennene topologica´al meta-materials..

3.) *P. weapons

all thoese predator´s wayyy hitech, cutting-edge weapons, - various subsystems

« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 03:53:21 pm by RolandVasko »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 04:07:48 pm »
Actually, Meridian Hunter is supposed to be something between a Predator and Boba Fett... so I'd say it's covered :)

Despite all the shout-uts in articles, I am not really interested in inserting direct stuff from other franchises, I think it breaks the imersion. The thing works, because this kind of enemy is generic enough to work on its own. Yautjas, Xenomorphs from Alien etc. are different.

(I'd make an exception for Master of Orion, because it's awesome and fits the X-Com franchise well enough, but it's not exactly a setting, more like a bunch of concepts. After all, it's a 4X game. :) )
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 01:31:08 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 09:18:45 pm »
Funny you talk about Master of Orion, because both X-COM and MoO were made by Micropose, so they could easily be in the same universe.

I recently realized Alpha Centauri is a sequel to Civ 2, so theorically, SMAC might be in the same "metaverse". Probably not the same universe, because SMAC is a hard-sci fi universe while X-COM/MoO are soft sci-fi. Through all of these share the concept of Psionics.

Universes often share doppelgangers, so perhaps some characters of SMAC exist in the other universe. Then again, I think the oldest (Yang or Zakharov) was born in like 1991 or late 80s, so they are probably kids by the time XCF rolls around.

This post was born from ideas I had involving X-COM/MoO and SMAC crossovers. And possibly from the idea of seeing X-COM fight Mind Worms

Enviado de meu moto e5 play usando o Tapatalk

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 01:32:57 pm »
SMAC is so removed from anything X-Com related (not even sharing the same planet) that it's totally fine to consider it happening in the same setting.

I don't know if there would be any impact on XCF, though - mind worms can't travel between the stars.

Offline baron21mdp

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 09:35:17 pm »
Actually, Meridian Hunter is supposed to be something between a Predator and Boba Fett... so I'd say it's covered :)

Fett compared to Meridian Hunter is like comparing kittens to a lion. Merdian's mission cost me my eight soldiers, more dragonfly, more extra equipment and above all dignity.

You have to give the option of nuclear devices, so if there is a next mission against Meridian I will make the country where it is located disappear.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 11:53:55 am »
:D

Okay, okay, Boba Fett done right. 8)

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 05:33:08 pm »
I guess getting a pile of High Ex thrown at your feet is a better send off than tripping into the sarlaac pit.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2020, 11:13:35 am »
I guess getting a pile of High Ex thrown at your feet is a better send off than tripping into the sarlaac pit.

Didn't he survive that?
Depends on the story though, I am not sure that it is canon now.

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 07:04:21 pm »
Didn't he survive that?
Depends on the story though, I am not sure that it is canon now.

He did in the old EU. Not sure about the current canon.

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2020, 07:47:45 pm »
High Ex is the only way to be sure about anything.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2020, 07:11:36 pm »
High Ex is the only way to be sure about anything.

Wait, why did that cultist threw a computer at my agents?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2020, 12:58:27 pm »
He also survived in new Star Wars universe - he will be included in second season of Mandalorian