Author Topic: Neutralization of enemies  (Read 3703 times)

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Neutralization of enemies
« on: May 15, 2020, 06:02:10 am »
Does the game have the ability to completely neutralize the enemy after stunning? Something like handcuffs?

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Neutralization of enemies
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 07:07:12 am »
handcuffs?

Precisely. But only in upcoming release.  ;)

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 09:16:12 pm »
None I know.

With humans and other weapon users, you can simply throw their guns on unreachable rooftops. Its what I do to prevent any problems.

EDIT: Humans now have in-built punch attacks, so both your agents and enemies can try and punch if they have no weapon. One of my agents actually got decked by a farmer yesterday. But that's still less of a threat than a gun or knife.

Enviado de meu moto e5 play usando o Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 02:28:08 am by Slaughter »

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 04:21:08 am »
With humans and other weapon users, you can simply throw their guns on unreachable rooftops. Its what I do to prevent any problems.

Sounds like a good idea, but enemies can pick up other weapons on the ground, not just the ones, that they themselves have dropped. Do you discard every weapon in this way? Seems like a lot of work.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 04:59:51 am »
I damn very much want to have confidence that the enemy whom I neutralized will not be able to stand up.
Tactically and systematically clear enemies without fear of a knife in the back and the need to search for escaped at the end of the mission.
Very important in large locations with many small rooms

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 05:14:28 am »
Handcuffs with that capability already implemented in the github build(still doesn't guarantee it, but adds more checks to their standing up)/

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 09:31:02 am »
There is an old Mod that needs to be adapted to XFiles and that works well: Tranquilizer Mod by Civilian !
Unfortunately I don't know where to find him!

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 10:22:34 am »
Well, let's say I found a mod, but I have no idea how to adapt it to the current game.
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=2998.0

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 11:27:12 am »

EDIT: Humans now have in-built punch attacks, so both your agents and enemies can try and punch if they have no weapon. One of my agents actually got decked by a farmer yesterday. But that's still less of a threat than a gun or knife.

You laugh, until a Red Dawn or a Black Lotus agent decks your soldiers and KO's them quite easily. High melee and strength makes unarmed attacks quite viable. Extra points if you're wearing power armor.
So, melee becomes a cheap and effective way to stun targets once your agents become experienced enough (and you unlock the right training option).

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
  • Sorry for my bEd English
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2020, 01:58:44 pm »
Well, let's say I found a mod, but I have no idea how to adapt it to the current game.
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=2998.0

This item simply adds even more stun level to the stunned body - an outdated approach to this task. In very long missions (about 50-100 turns), this stunned enemy can return to life and you need to catch and stun him again.
As vadracas said, the next version of XCF already added my development of the handcuff system. These handcuffs can securely lock a stunned enemy, so he won't be able to free himself for the rest of the mission.
If you can't wait to release the next version of XCF, you can download the current version from GitHub.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2020, 08:15:45 pm »
Can you tell me how to pull out the handcuffs?
Probably after the release of the new version I will have to start a new game, I don’t really want to ...

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2020, 08:48:46 pm »
With a new version you don't have to start a new game, you may have to make slight edits to saves, but that's it. Just download the github as a zip and install the mod normally, then you can purchase handcuffs.

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
  • Sorry for my bEd English
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2020, 09:04:55 pm »
Can you tell me how to pull out the handcuffs?
Probably after the release of the new version I will have to start a new game, I don’t really want to ...

Here's my original, working version of the mod. It does not contain final balance corrections from Scorch and has only one type of handcuffs, available at the beginning of the game. The mod can be enabled at any time.
After updating XCF to the next version, don't forget to disable (and delete) this mod.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2020, 09:58:01 pm »
I love you  ;D