Author Topic: Very Early Weapon Balance, take two (1.3)  (Read 6925 times)

Offline Thermite

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Very Early Weapon Balance, take two (1.3)
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2020, 11:19:51 pm »
Ah, so my above post may have been correct. 8)

I've gone beyond your assumptions, though...
WAY BEYOND.
Remember about control.

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2020, 09:14:47 am »
Question: What's the point of the FAMAS? Seems inferior to the M16. To get FAMAS you need to research another 5,56 gun... Like the M16.

Only big FAMAS advantage I saw, is being able to fire an extra snap shot due to spending 20% TUs for snap.

Seems like pretty much a random chance gun otherwise. AKA Hope that you get enough ammo to use it early.

What do you guys think about HKMP5 vs M16? MP5 seems superior in auto mode, but inferior in aimed shots.

I thought the M16 was better, but my game style generally revolves around sniping cultists and monsters from far away, culling the ones with the best guns first while laughing at the ones trying to hit snipers from afar with their dinky pistols. Some people seem to like getting into the thick of it with melee, shotguns and burst fire.

Enviado de meu moto e5 play usando o Tapatalk

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2020, 12:42:57 pm »
There is no clear definitive weapons "progression" in the mod. With so many weapons its fairly impossible to achieve, but this is not something bad, quite the opposite.

FAMAS vs M16 is simillar to starting pistols, just the players preference. Some take .45 gun for better damage in exchange for mag size, some take glock for double-tap and way more ammo, some take beretta as middle-ground between.

If you are the player who relies on medium range snapshots, then take FAMAS, if you aren't, then take M16, or pick another 5,56 gun.
You can also "roleplay" as main French X-COM, so for the sake of immersion you arm your guys mainly in French guns.
Just for fun you can give soldiers different weapons that take the same mags when normally you would arm all of them in M16.

Offline Bobit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2020, 06:17:17 pm »
I feel like if you're at the 5x snapshot without turning range, you're at the "just run up and auto them" or "toss a frag" range. So M16 wins for me. FAL is generally better than both though, dealing like 15% more damage (more against armored enemies), even on rookies.

MP5 has higher aimed DPS, but, its aimed ranged is 20. However, 20 is vision range, beyond that you have halved accuracy anyways. And it can shoot aimed twice, for 180% "effective accuracy", while M16 just has 115%. And triple auto seems very nice. So I go with MP5 on that one.

So yeah, MP5s and FALs are best rifle-ish ballistic things. Plus BlackOps assault rifle. For ultra-long range rookies incendiary launcher is my goto.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 06:39:30 pm by Bobit »

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2020, 08:56:00 pm »
I agree that you can't quite tier weapons due to the way the game works with drops, but some are def better than others.

Yeah MP5 is really worth it, def one if my favorites. Its kind of a ground-breaker because to me its one of the first reliable guns you get. When I get the Humvee I usually run like this:

1 Sniper (highest skill shooter using a sniping weapon like Hunting Rifle, Bolt-Action, SKS or Nitro

1 Rifleman (using M16, usually)

1 MP5/L85 submachinegunner

1 Shotgunner (for close-combat or stuns)

1 Pistoleer/Grenadier/Flamer/Extinguisher (essentially, a guy throwing shit, creating flame walls and using gadgets, then shooting dudes)

What do you guys think about the L85? It seems like a straight upgrade to the MP5 to me. Slower, but more precise in all firing modes. I've ran it alongside the M16 and they seem to complement each other, with M16 doing precise aimed and snap shots, while having some auto-fire capacity, while the L85 can do medium-ranged autofire with good accuracy, while having good snaps and aimed too.

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2020, 09:02:39 pm »
Another weapon I thought lame but is useful: Bolt-Action Rifle AKA M1 Garand.

Its the Hunting Rifle with less accuracy and more firepower. Power goes with greater skill, so you need to give it to someone with high skill. I did the calcs and with 70 skill, a sniper can do 40 damage.

Its no Nitro Express, but its good, early game Firepower.