Author Topic: Missile strikes softlock game, Alt+F4  (Read 3174 times)

Offline Alazar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Missile strikes softlock game, Alt+F4
« on: April 28, 2020, 01:08:58 pm »
So I encountered this problem, when got to stage of the game when this princess girl decided to bomb me to stoneage and I did not even have had AA close to be open for research.

So, these are softlock scenarios I encountered:
1. I had my prison blasted while I have been interrogating  a prisoner. Softlock, I cant transfer or sell the one who is being interrogated.
Possible solution, make one prison/den spot inside old world lab.
2. My base was blasted, cause it was cut from lift when my corridor got destroyed (defensive build with 1 corridor), leaving me with only a lift and hangar, after transfering everything to another base I still had something in my warehouse, even when I checked that absolutely everything and everyone was transfered I had like 1,4 or something additional unregistered cargo. Softlocked.

Both times I was softlocked in sell/transfer windows.
Any way you can fix this in later builds? I admit I cheated out of this by instabuilding powerful radars in every blank spot of base, just to deflect these missiles till I researched AAs, cause they spammed me hard twice a month and my interceptors were to slow to catch up with strikes and to weak to destroy all of the scout designators.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 06:24:52 am by Alazar »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Missile strikes softlock game, Alt+F4
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 06:54:27 pm »
These issues are known, and hopefully will be resolved with future versions of OXCE. You can try the nightly OXCE build to see if it resolves the issue but no assurance they wont break something else.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 08:50:30 pm »
These don't need any change in OXCE, already solvable with current modding options.

1/ don't allow to target prisons

2/ how is that even a bug? That's how it is supposed to work. If not desired, there's always an option to leave a "rubble" facility to prevent disconnection

Making any change in OXCE would require changes in the code that is basically at the limits of its maintainability (prison types feature and storage limit option). If I add anything more into any of those two, it's guaranteed to produce more bugs than it solves.

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 09:13:55 pm »
2/ how is that even a bug? That's how it is supposed to work. If not desired, there's always an option to leave a "rubble" facility to prevent disconnection

The bug he is referring to is the fact that he had storage space taken up while there was nothing in the stores that could be moved out, not the destruction of connected facilities.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 06:51:13 pm »
I think that 2) might have been due to an incoming delivery. Items you buy (or transfer) take space in you warehouse at the moment of purchase, but cannot be moved until they actually arrive.

Offline Alazar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 06:27:31 am »

1/ don't allow to target prisons

Uhuh and what if it gets disconnected when adjacent facilities are destroyed by bombing?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 06:29:26 am by Alazar »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 10:41:00 am »
Uhuh and what if it gets disconnected when adjacent facilities are destroyed by bombing?

see 2/