Author Topic: Looking for a modder.  (Read 4478 times)

Offline Deadgraphics

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Looking for a modder.
« on: April 14, 2020, 02:03:00 am »
Looking for a modder to create a simple mod.  At least I think it would be simple (Not a programmer).

Just looking to see if someone can remove the End Game date where the nations of earth just give up and you lose the game, so you could technically play 20, 30 years in game as long as you don't lose your funding nations.

If anyone has some spare time kicking around and feels like it, that would be awesome.

Thanks

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a modder.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 02:34:21 am »
As far as I know, there is no such "end game date." Instead, there is a date where base defenses start happening each month. Plus, you only lose member nations when the aliens make a pact with them, which requires the aliens to do well. In the base game I think you can go as long as you want, haven't tried it though as it would be much more boring than playing the total conversions.

Offline Deadgraphics

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 02:56:02 am »
As far as I know, there is no such "end game date." Instead, there is a date where base defenses start happening each month. Plus, you only lose member nations when the aliens make a pact with them, which requires the aliens to do well. In the base game I think you can go as long as you want, haven't tried it though as it would be much more boring than playing the total conversions.

Hmm.  Maybe I just got unlucky and lost to many nations.

I do remember some event at the end of the second or third year.

I am in the progress of a game in the second year now, i'll see when I get there.  (just wanted a jump start on seeing if someone was able to create one.  But if its not there then I guess its pointless)

Your right it is kinda boring for some,  I just hate starting a new game sometimes and would rather keep playing.  Civilization syndrome.  Just one more turn.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 02:58:08 am »
Losing any number of countries cannot cause game over either. The only ways to lose AFAIK is getting large negative points two months in a row, being way below $0 two months in a row, or losing all bases.

Offline Deadgraphics

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 03:23:45 am »
Losing any number of countries cannot cause game over either. The only ways to lose AFAIK is getting large negative points two months in a row, being way below $0 two months in a row, or losing all bases.

I was just about to say I wasn't in any of those situations but I think you jogged my memory.  It was back in normal xcom before openxcom existed.  It was prob the 2 negative months.  Back then you couldn't force launch your avengers when they were damaged and they took forever to repair.  That was most likely it and I didn't realize it.

Well thank you for your time guys appreciate it.  Learn t something new today.   

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 12:24:58 pm »
You're very welcome! :)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 02:51:43 pm »
In vanilla X-Com, alien missions have no fail state and can only be delayed. Eventually, all nations except Russia will quit the project. Hypothetically you could lose the game if the aliens ever infiltrated Russia, but it's in Siberia which is considered to be barren land, so the aliens won't do life-oriented missions there (harvest, abduction, infiltration). Mods can change all of these things.

There's very little to do in the end game. I'd recommend playing a mod that gives you more to do. I know that Precentor Appollyon's Hybrid Mod allows you to go to Cydonia and the game doesn't end when that mission is over.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 02:55:06 pm by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 03:15:36 pm »
In vanilla X-Com, alien missions have no fail state and can only be delayed. Eventually, all nations except Russia will quit the project. Hypothetically you could lose the game if the aliens ever infiltrated Russia, but it's in Siberia which is considered to be barren land, so the aliens won't do life-oriented missions there (harvest, abduction, infiltration). Mods can change all of these things.
Greetings from these barren land. :-)

Offline Mitra Lightbringer

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 10:18:09 am »
Eventually, all nations except Russia will quit the project.

Wait, is this the thing X-Piratez is referencing when you get "X-Com never died" message and finding the X-Com base in Siberia?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2020, 10:56:54 am »
Wait, is this the thing X-Piratez is referencing when you get "X-Com never died" message and finding the X-Com base in Siberia?

Probably. The Russia thing was indeed a bug (?) in the original game, as lack of cities in respective zones made it impossible for the aliens to infiltrate Russia. (I can't remember the details, but more or less.) This became sort of fanon that "Russia never quits".

Offline Mitra Lightbringer

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 09:11:21 am »
Probably. The Russia thing was indeed a bug (?) in the original game, as lack of cities in respective zones made it impossible for the aliens to infiltrate Russia. (I can't remember the details, but more or less.) This became sort of fanon that "Russia never quits".
It definitely is, then. "Russian" description in Piratez states than, no matter how much Star Gods bombed it, Russia never officially surrendered, and they just left it in the end.

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2020, 09:35:07 pm »
Here I am, looking in disbelief at my Norlok girl surviving Cryssalid assault without an armor.