aliens

Author Topic: Support for cheat option  (Read 550 times)

Offline Belcanzor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Support for cheat option
« on: January 03, 2024, 02:17:10 am »
How I can make the wheel button of mouse show full info, like "mind probe" and not just a picture?

What need to edit so research show how many points it need? I know I can just peek save game.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: Support for cheat option
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 12:59:58 pm »
You can only get mind probing by using a Mind Probe.

If you're after the armour info, then if your mod supports that, research the relevant armour (possibly needing other topics, too). If not, you need to make the pedia article and link it to the armour.

Tech Tree Viewer shows an approximation of the default point value as a series of symbols. I'm not aware of any more precise in-game functionality. Looking at the save is the most accurate option.

Offline Belcanzor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024, 08:52:44 pm »
Thank you.

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
  • Y'all are awesome! Thankful for this community.
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 07:10:38 pm »
What is 'cheat option' in regards to the question in this post?

Also not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'm looking for some 'cheat' sort of options for game mod development support.  Asking if OXCE currently has any of the below features.

Specifically, some of the things I'm looking for:
1.) Is there a console for OXCE to enter commands like kill all enemies, etc.
2.) is there keyboard shortcuts that are not listed in the "advanced Options" if so where can I find that documentation?
3.) Any debug mods, options, for battlescape, geoscape showing menu, list of event triggers, status, etc.
4.) options in battlescape to kiil all or stun/sleep all enemies (I'm working on evaluating the balance of, Item and monthly costs, and research time balance, and want to quickly get through battlescape events for testing.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 07:44:15 pm »
No idea about the cheating in the topic title. ::)

There is no console as such, but there is debug mode.

If you're into C++, I suppose the IDEs add some more supporting functionality, but I imagine that's not too relevant to your everyday modding needs.

Most of the lists you might want to check are already written into the savegames, which are plain text. Debug mode has some functions like showing globe regions or pedia bounding boxes, but not exactly the things you seem to have in mind.

Killing is Ctrl + D -> Ctrl + K, stunning Ctrl - J. You need to enable debug mode in options.cfg first.

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
  • Y'all are awesome! Thankful for this community.
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2024, 10:40:18 pm »
No idea about the cheating in the topic title. ::)

There is no console as such, but there is debug mode.

If you're into C++, I suppose the IDEs add some more supporting functionality, but I imagine that's not too relevant to your everyday modding needs.

Most of the lists you might want to check are already written into the savegames, which are plain text. Debug mode has some functions like showing globe regions or pedia bounding boxes, but not exactly the things you seem to have in mind.

Killing is Ctrl + D -> Ctrl + K, stunning Ctrl - J. You need to enable debug mode in options.cfg first.

Awesome, this helps a lot, thank you!

Also, interesting, on a ghost mission  Ctrl + D ->  Ctrl - J only stuns non-ghost characters.  I can stun a ghost with an electric club, but not with Ctrl+J ??

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2024, 11:16:27 pm »
Awesome, this helps a lot, thank you!

Also, interesting, on a ghost mission  Ctrl + D ->  Ctrl - J only stuns non-ghost characters.  I can stun a ghost with an electric club, but not with Ctrl+J ??

Ghosts are immune to STUN damage, but can get stunned by applying damage of other types. If I'd have to guess, I suppose CTRL+J applies STUN damage to enemies and you get this issue. YMMV whether this could be considered as working as intended or not.