aliens

Author Topic: Installing a mod with slightly different structure  (Read 1808 times)

Offline mark617

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Installing a mod with slightly different structure
« on: March 17, 2020, 06:30:16 pm »
I know the basic way to install mods, but I am trying to install this mod (https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4202.0.html) and it has a few folders my other mods do not.

There are four folders (maps, routes, terrain, ruleset) and a metadata.yml file. Typically I throw a folder in the mod folder with the ruleset and metadata. Do I do the same here (put the ruleset and metadata into a folder named X) and then copy the maps, routes, terrain folders to the TFTD folder (overwriting / merging the ones there)?

Or, is it basic, and I just put the four folders and metadata file into a new folder called X and then put that folder (X) into the mod folder, then enable in game and play?

Or, is it even more basic, and I just copy all the folders / metadata file as is into the mod folder (or perhaps all into the TFTD folder a la FMP mod)?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 06:52:34 pm by mark617 »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Installing a mod with slightly different structure
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 07:01:35 pm »
Or, is it basic, and I just put the four folders and metadata file into a new folder called X and then put that folder (X) into the mod folder, then enable in game and play?

this one

Offline mark617

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Installing a mod with slightly different structure
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 07:16:41 pm »
Very good. Thank you.