Author Topic: Weird behavior with Alien Mission.  (Read 3543 times)

wcho035

Weird behavior with Alien Mission.
« on: February 20, 2020, 11:35:37 am »
Hi, today, in the crash test of my about to be release Hybrid mod.

I found some really weird behavior with it.

1) First, TFTD aliens are not suppose to spawn until a certain research is complete. Alright. I thought this maybe an error in my coding.

2) NOW, I found aliens from TFTD are using an alien mission type that its race is not even listed in the raceWeights. So is this a bug?

I have attached a screen shot in the mod, which Gillman are using abductor type ufos. In the mod, gillman only uses TFTD USO. NOT Ufo Defense UFOs.

So why is an Alien race not in the raceweight is using an alien mission type and ufo that it is not suppose to?

I don't believe Error logs here can help. So I have send the rul files from related alienmission for checking.

wcho035

Re: Weird behavior with Alien Mission.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 11:38:56 am »
The mod can be supplied. However, I am in the process of updating it. Please let me know if it is needed. Before I do more update.
Cause once I did, the error can't or may not be able to repeat.

wcho035

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 11:50:21 am »

1) First, TFTD aliens are not suppose to spawn until a certain research is complete. Alright. I thought this maybe an error in my coding.

After more testing, the bug from 1 is not related to the one from part 2. However, in my Missionscript, it says

Code: [Select]
  - type: invasionTFTD
    firstMonth: 0
    missionWeights:
      0:
        STR_ALIEN_INFILTRATIONTFTD: 100  
    maxRuns: -1
    varName: invasionTFTD
    executionOdds: 40
    researchTriggers:                   
      STR_ALIEN_SIGNAL: true

The Alienmission for TFTD alien infiltration is not suppose to trigger until the Alien Signal event happened. That is when the Alien send a signal to sigbee deep after the defeat of Cydonia.

Yet, this mission is triggered.

I can't explain why.

The screenshot below, it shows the alien mission generated. And the ufopedia showing the research that trigger it has yet to be researched.

Updated. Incorrect screen shot before
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 11:53:45 am by Precentor Apollyon »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 12:41:30 pm »
If you're sure that the mission was not generated by the "invasionTFTD" mission script... then logically it must have been generated by some other mission script.

wcho035

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 01:03:58 pm »
Hi Meridian, I have no other mission script other than those two missionscript files that I had uploaded a few post ago. The other missionscripts are from the standard folder. Those are never modified.

I tried to upload the mod, but the forum wouldn't allow me for some reason.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 01:52:01 pm by Precentor Apollyon »

wcho035

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 01:53:54 pm »
I tried to upload the mod. The forum wouldn't let me. So here are the mod's current ruleset. You can check for yourself I have no other missionscript other than the two I have sent.

wcho035

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 02:31:51 pm »
Do you wish to test the mod and see the results? I want to upload it but I don’t know why there are restriction in place.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 02:36:05 pm »
1/ download a test build: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//ExtendedTests/Extended-6.3.4-test-b8d2953f6-2020-02-20-win64.7z
2/ start OXCE
3/ press Ctrl+U to activate debugUI mode
4/ start a new game
5/ in the logfile you will see which mission script generated which mission, it will look something like this:

[20-02-2020_13-13-21] [INFO] # begin GeoscapeState::determineAlienMissions()
[20-02-2020_13-13-21] [INFO]   # start processing command: gameStart
[20-02-2020_13-13-21] [INFO]     # mission generated! id: 1, type:STR_ALIEN_RESEARCH, race: STR_SECTOID, region: STR_NORTH_AFRICA
[20-02-2020_13-13-21] [INFO]   # start processing command: recurringTerror
[20-02-2020_13-13-21] [INFO]     # mission generated! id: 2, type:STR_ALIEN_TERROR, race: STR_SECTOID, region: STR_NORTH_AFRICA
[20-02-2020_13-13-21] [INFO] # end GeoscapeState::determineAlienMissions()

wcho035

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 02:43:39 pm »
Okay, I will give this ago.

wcho035

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 02:59:59 pm »
I am happy to report in a new game I had started, I was able to generate another strike.

This time Alien Interdiction was triggered. Again, not suppose to start until after Alien Signal is triggered.

- type: FACTIONreconabductionTFTD
    missionWeights:
      0:
        STR_ALIEN_INTERDICTION: 100
    firstMonth: 0
    varName: FACTIONcontinueaductionTFTD
    maxRuns: -1
    executionOdds: 50
    researchTriggers:                   
      STR_ALIEN_SIGNAL: true
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 03:02:08 pm by Precentor Apollyon »

wcho035

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 03:04:24 pm »
The second error involving Alienmission having aliens using other ufo that it is not assigned to,  will be harder to replicate because it is much later in the game. I will give it a go as well. I will let you know when I strike that one.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 03:08:28 pm by Precentor Apollyon »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 05:15:06 pm »
This time Alien Interdiction was triggered. Again, not suppose to start until after Alien Signal is triggered.

So it was generated using the "recon" mission script... everything looks OK to me.

wcho035

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2020, 07:25:10 am »
So it was the missionscript from the standard/xcom1 folder is interfering? I shall delete it and try the test run again. Hopefully, the next time will be smoother. Thanks again Meridian

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2020, 01:49:22 pm »
if you remove "recon", don't forget to remove the "invasion" too... it's doing the same

wcho035

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2020, 03:32:52 pm »
Thanks Meridian, I actually completely deleted the Missionscript.rul from the standard folder. Now, the mod is running like a dream.

Full Hybrid gameplay and smooth, everything functioning as it should be. If everything goes well, I am targeting a release date tomorrow.

Thank you again. When you have the chance to play it, I hope you find it fun.  I am planning to add a weapon pack to it in the future. We shall see. I hope the others are willing to help by upgrading it with extra weapons like submachine guns and sniper rifle. This mod only pack with vanilla weapons.. the only extra stuff are the the Alien Elerium bomb and the Alien Alloy ammo for plasma weapons.