aliens

Author Topic: [Solved] Animation Speed  (Read 1994 times)

Offline stephanreiken

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
[Solved] Animation Speed
« on: February 20, 2020, 05:04:48 am »
I just updated to the latest version to go with X-Com Files and the animation speed has slowed down drastically. Even though I've maxed out the sliders, everything takes achingly long now. How can I fix this?

To specify, I just restored the version I had deleted to update to the new version and I was using v6.2. Everything runs smoothly and quickly. v6.3.4 I can finish battles in v6.2 in the time it takes for the enemy turn to resolve

Experimenting some more, I've found that the animation speed in this version is somehow directly tied to resolution. Higher resolution lower animation speed. Not really a fix to play the game in a tiny 640x400 window I can barely read from on my screen.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 09:05:45 am by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Animation Speed
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 10:06:53 am »
Can you upload the options.cfg file from the 6.2 installation and also from the 6.3.4 installation?

PS: nobody else reported any slowdown between 6.2 and 6.3.4

Offline stephanreiken

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 02:03:19 am »
These are the options files. Note that I never opened these files before now, and only modified the settings present in the game. I'll have a video for you shortly illustrating the difference I am getting.

Offline stephanreiken

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 02:37:00 am »
You know what, forget the video I think I figured out what may have happened. Moving things around, its made apparent that my old installation used My Documents to store its settings and the newer version does not. Moving files around, I think it causes issues to have 'both' a copy of the user settings in the OpenXCom folder and in My Documents. Like the options menu is reading and writing off of one, but the game is actually using the other, so my changes weren't actually getting pushed into the game. So I've deleted the old settings and such in My Documents and everything works fine now.