Author Topic: Funny story  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • Aaand we're back!
    • View Profile
    • My Wiki
Re: Funny story
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2020, 04:06:33 pm »
Looks like something broke in the code... This thing never happened to me, and statistically, it should have - with many enemies unconscious after end of all missions, multiplied by 100 or 200 missions...

We have changed (slightly) when the unconscious units wake up recently... to fix bugs with units waking up in the middle of the turn like this: https://www.twitch.tv/comradeberic/clip/PerfectIntelligentSheepFunRun?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

It could have increased the statistical probability a bit, hard to say... but it was definitely possible before too.

It's still VERY unlikely to happen to anyone...

Looks like we have indeed "overfixed" this one... seems to work better from the player unit perspective, but worse from the enemy unit perspective.

This story is a combination of 2 old bugs and 1 new bug.... I'll be looking into it...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 05:23:30 pm by Meridian »

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2020, 06:51:28 pm »
Looks like something broke in the code... This thing never happened to me, and statistically, it should have - with many enemies unconscious after end of all missions, multiplied by 100 or 200 missions...

I think something like this has only happened about 3 or so times and only once where it went about 6 six turns out of 500 or so capture heavy missions, but many of those missions didn't have non surrendering units in them IIRC.  Also that was with the older OXCE and Piratez versions mentioned in a previous post in this thread.

Edit: pressed post instead of preview

This story is a combination of 2 old bugs and 1 new bug.... I'll be looking into it...

Congrats on finding the new bug.  This one sounds tricky, but hopefully finding it was 3/4ths of the battle.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 06:58:44 pm by Rubber Cannonball »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • Aaand we're back!
    • View Profile
    • My Wiki
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2020, 01:08:26 am »
Congrats on finding the new bug.  This one sounds tricky, but hopefully finding it was 3/4ths of the battle.

All 3 should be fixed now.

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2020, 05:36:32 pm »
That is good to hear.  I appreciate the time and effort you put into this Meridian and I'm sure others do too.

Thank you.

Offline DrakenJ35

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2020, 06:35:32 pm »
Thanks for fixing it, you don't see that kind of reactivity every day, especially from studios that aren't AAA producers... congrats on that!

Offline tretyak

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2020, 12:28:34 am »
hahahh its really funny.....