aliens

Author Topic: Instant lose Jan 1 2062  (Read 6876 times)

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Instant lose Jan 1 2062
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2020, 10:12:07 pm »
I would dispute the wisdom of doing early pogroms without knowing what you're doing, and if you know what you're doing, you probably know you should not be doing early pogroms.

2 out of the 3 early pogroms have nuts too hard for you to crack reliably.

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2020, 10:27:52 pm »
After all, you're a band of pirates, not the Justice League.   :)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2020, 05:50:45 am »
You're opportunists, if you can afford the lost notoriety to just take a look, it might be worth a smash and grab.  Also you might get lucky and have something you can handle.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2020, 01:57:09 pm »
IMHO you should avoid pogroms until you have, at the very least, warrior armor, 6 gals with decent stats, guns powerful enough to kill a regular enemy in a single turn, a decent melee weapon on every gal, about two grenades that do different damage types on each gal and medikits on everyone. Move your gals in pairs so one can heal the other if needed.

With this, you can do bandits, humanists and maybe spartans, but your gals are gonna get hurt if not outright killed. If you're against humanists and spartans, be careful with guys carrying RPGs.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2020, 11:57:23 pm »
I guess my view is from before freshness was added, so I'm not sure how that would influence things, but avoiding those completely does mean you can't get access to potential loot.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2020, 12:57:52 am »
I guess my view is from before freshness was added, so I'm not sure how that would influence things, but avoiding those completely does mean you can't get access to potential loot.
The only things freshness should change in that regard is that extremely prolonged sieges are less appealing though you can kinda get around it with apples or Buddha smokes early game and going to a dangerous mission if your units are already low on freshness means a bigger risk vs full freshness units going into a dangerous mission. Personally I delay pogroms until workshop but I wouldn't delay until joining The Mutant Alliance because that would introduce even more dangerous pogroms that you absolutely have to go to.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2020, 03:59:35 pm »
You'll only have to worry about freshness if you plan to use certain items repeately (like the admiral de corazon outfit weapons) have missions take over 30 turns or use the same gals in every single mission. Try to rotate your gals/peasants between missions. Slave soldiers have loads of max freshness though, so you can prob use them over and over and never run into problems unless you're using items that cost freshness.

I get the impression Dioxine is adding stuff to further differentiate gals from Slave Soldiers so your choice is more meaningful other than just a self imposed challenge using cheaper soldiers with worst stats.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 04:04:50 pm by Dakkdakk »