Author Topic: Instant lose Jan 1 2062  (Read 6973 times)

Offline Jinderius

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Instant lose Jan 1 2062
« on: February 11, 2020, 10:40:50 am »
Instant losing at 2062! Skipped the car dealer tech so that might have done it?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Instant lose Jan 1 2062
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 01:16:44 pm »
That is awfully specific without providing ANY information whatsoever. So, maybe?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 04:49:50 pm »
There are only limited conditions for a hard game over. Negative score or negative funds 2 months in a row.

Offline Jinderius

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 08:07:44 pm »
What count as negative score?
Infamy?

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 08:29:05 pm »
Check the charts, the last one on the right is labeled Finance and only has 5 or so buttons.  The light blue one is the score.  Significant negative score or negative funds for two months will cause you to lose.  Pay close attention to the end of month report screen; it will warn you when you have a bad month.  And yes infamy is score.

Edit: fixed typo
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 11:05:15 pm by Rubber Cannonball »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 09:27:45 pm »
What count as negative score?
Infamy?

Yes, score has been renamed to infamy in piratez.

Offline Jinderius

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 11:29:44 pm »
So you can basicly lose to RNG events and lack of good missions due to negative infamy?

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 12:40:06 am »
The geoscape layer kinda has a "you need to play this exact way" feel to it.  The best way to prevent a loss from infamy is just getting a ton of brainers and do interrogations.  Kinda hard to lose on infamy if you can counter it with getting 5000+ yourself from just sitting around mostly.  Unlocking missions so you have more is also a good way (open the html bootypedia, go to research and click on any !X! entries). But yes, if you're playing unspoilered you will generally have to start over randomly at some point.  I could be wrong here, but I think higher difficulties are actually easier due to the extra score from missions, I've never seen these "infamy tanks" that people keep reporting when playing on jack sparrow for instance.  So if you can handle davy jones, play on that.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 12:46:34 am by Greep »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 01:51:27 am »
I would say people that play on Jack Sparrow don't loose to negative score because they (mostly) know what they are doing.
The last guy complaining about loss from infamy was one year in, had two bases, and only the starting base had the starting radar.

No, geoscape isn't "you need to do this exactly". But you need to know what your goals are. Get brainers, get radar coverage, get production capacity. If you do zero in any of these, you will most likely loose at some point.

Offline Jinderius

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 03:52:36 am »
You guys are correct it was negative infamy!

havent gotten to midgame yet, can you "Tame" "Create" "Generate" monster to use?

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 04:02:17 am »
havent gotten to midgame yet, can you "Tame" "Create" "Generate" monster to use?

Yes, there are several that you can capture and tame but I won't spoil it for you.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 05:00:35 am »
Notably, you need high negative infamy twice in a row, so you can save up some infamy gaining research (namely interrogations, decrypted data disks, gun almanacs, various documents) and just blow it all on the following month if you're ever too concerned about losing that way

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2020, 05:36:00 am »
I just ran a test month near the end of 2603 doing absolutely nothing just to see how many points the factions would rack up:  score was -4991.  I tried to go the second month but it was interrupted by a crackdown invading a base which would screw up the score so I ended the test.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2020, 03:25:43 pm »
So you can basicly lose to RNG events and lack of good missions due to negative infamy?

Yes and no. Yes because its possible, no because its so absurdly hard to lose that way that you'll prob just get killed way before you have any chance to lose due to low infamy. The new random events don't affect your infamy enough to actualy harm you in any significant way. Actualy, the most annoying random event I've got is the fungus infestation one.

Here's a tip: Keep yourself finantialy afloat and dont do pogroms until you research *the mutant alliance*. Before that point, pogroms are completely optional and won't generate bad score if you ignore them. If you do try and fail a pogrom however, thats about -500 or worse infamy. Also, keep your research going and get more brainers, as research is actualy the very best source of infamy for a looooooong time.

After 10 or so runs spread across 5 or 6 different versions, I've never had a game in which my score was at risk due to lack of good missions. Mission variety has increased a lot in the last releases, meaning its even harder to have a run in which you get no good missions.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 02:10:33 am »
Though if you do early pogroms and win, that's a lot of potentially very good gear.