Author Topic: [DONE][Suggestion] Shortcut from soldier list to stats (R-click)  (Read 550 times)

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
[DONE][Suggestion] Shortcut from soldier list to stats (R-click)
« on: February 11, 2024, 09:47:04 pm »
I'd like to see one or two QoL-improvements to the soldier lists when applying transformations or special trainings.

1) Some way to get into a particular soldier's own stats and inventory (at least the armor selection) from those screens. This could be useful to verify all the stats before choosing a transformation/training. Another very useful thing would be to remove the armor from the soldier (to prevent it getting destroyed in transformations, or getting blackholed in those trainings where the soldier leaves the base and is transferred back to the base X hours later (e.g. in XCF martial arts training).

For example MMB or RMB would be ideal.

Currently I have to figure out which soldiers I want to apply a transformation/training on, then get out of the screen and go find the soldier from soldier list again to remove the armor. Sometimes you have to go back and forth multiple times if you're unsure which soldier would be the best candidate at the moment.

2) Once you have 30-40+ soldiers or other units on a base, being able to Q-search on the agent list might be useful, so that you wouldn't need to change the sort order or scroll down the list manually to find the soldier you're looking for. If the shortcut 1) is implemented, I suppose this wouldn't be all that useful. So just having QoL improvement 1) would be adequate for me at least for now.

EDIT:
Now that I'm at it, is there a reason why a person who undergoes some special training (in XCF for example 'Install TNI' that results in him getting wounded for X days), he gets kicked out of PSI training and gym training (can be inserted back - PSI training doesn't consider being wounded, at least in a visible manner, while you can queue the gym training with +)? It would be nice if this didn't happen if the person doesn't leave the base.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 04:15:18 pm by psavola »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
I'd like to see one or two QoL-improvements to the soldier lists when applying transformations or special trainings.

1) Some way to get into a particular soldier's own stats and inventory (at least the armor selection) from those screens.

from which screen(s)?
screenshots please

EDIT:
Now that I'm at it, is there a reason why a person who undergoes some special training (in XCF for example 'Install TNI' that results in him getting wounded for X days), he gets kicked out of PSI training and gym training (can be inserted back - PSI training doesn't consider being wounded, at least in a visible manner, while you can queue the gym training with +)?

Transformations are for converting your cannon fodder into MECs by chopping their limbs off a la Nucom.

MECs don't need a gym, and I doubt they can attend psi classes during that time.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 12:22:06 pm by Meridian »

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
from which screen(s)?
screenshots please

When you click on 'Agents' (or equivalent) on basescape and from there go to transformations overview screen and select a transformation/special training. Here is an  example of 'Install TNI' (there are eventually 10+ of these screens in XCF) where I'd like to have a shortcut to the agent stats and to strip off the armor:

Transformations are for converting your cannon fodder into MECs by chopping their limbs off a la Nucom.

MECs don't need a gym, and I doubt they can attend psi classes during that time.

From realism perspective I agree. But the inconsistency comes from being able to put them back on PSI classes immediately, you just have to do it manually. The behaviour would be consistent if you couldn't put wounded soldiers on PSI classes (i.e. PSI worked the same way as gym).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 02:08:01 pm by psavola »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [DONE][Suggestion] Shortcut from soldier list to stats (R-click)
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2024, 05:50:15 pm »

1) Some way to get into a particular soldier's own stats and inventory (at least the armor selection) from those screens.

Done.
https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/ffa98f4e32973bf85d5c37c837ede945c8c64793
Fix: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/544a159d6926458814f8a15d4f564e79e1f8be5e

R-click.
Doesn't work on dead soldiers.

2) Once you have 30-40+ soldiers or other units on a base, being able to Q-search on the agent list might be useful, so that you wouldn't need to change the sort order or scroll down the list manually to find the soldier you're looking for.

If the shortcut 1) is implemented, I suppose this wouldn't be all that useful. So just having QoL improvement 1) would be adequate for me at least for now.

Pass.

EDIT:
Now that I'm at it, is there a reason why a person who undergoes some special training (in XCF for example 'Install TNI' that results in him getting wounded for X days), he gets kicked out of PSI training and gym training (can be inserted back - PSI training doesn't consider being wounded, at least in a visible manner, while you can queue the gym training with +)? It would be nice if this didn't happen if the person doesn't leave the base.

Open a new suggestion.
Discuss with modders if it should be configurable and what should be the default.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 04:50:43 pm by Meridian »