aliens

Author Topic: [Suggestion] Mentall Armor (PSI Shield)  (Read 6437 times)

Offline Alazar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Psi Armor (Mentall Shield)
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2020, 10:28:39 am »
Any ideas what research would enable such a device? What would the prerequisites be?

(not too early)

Dead alien brain from ambassy mission?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2020, 10:31:11 am »
a,ybe, it would be best as whole, relatively new armour (amybe any power armour kinda, or maybe just armor outfit ), with -especially focusing on - helmet

(yap, indeed smthng like that "famous thin tin foil hat" heheh :o :D :p :P lôl

Yeaaahhh, because we totally haven't discussed this in detail here... ::)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 10:44:25 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2020, 11:28:48 am »
For research topics, I would make two versions: A low-power, bulky device that has to be carried in a backpack or something. This one would require Psionics (and all of its required research topics), the brainchip research, and potentially an interrogation of a Sectoid Leader or better. This one could work with any armor, but is not that great.

For the ultimate mind-shield, it requires researching alien electronics, flying power armor, and interrogating a high-tier psychic enemy (Ethereals or the Embassy brain should suffice). That one is naturally way better shield, but more expensive to make, and may only work with power-armor type suits due its intense energy requirements (if you wish to code in that limitation). Alternatively, it could be integrated into the best power armor types (the Flying and the yellow one types), but that would require changing the stats of the existing armors, or creating a new one with minimal differences. I dunno which option is better.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2020, 11:51:07 am »
I wouldn't say that there is some need of psi-armor... But improvement of psi-vision for high-trained hybrids would be very nice.
For example, add some special commendation which adds +1 to psi-vision on 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 grade of it.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2020, 01:05:44 pm »
Thanks for the proposal Traitor, I will consider it.

Psi vision bonus from a commendation is not doable.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2020, 04:52:03 pm »
Yeaaahhh, because we totally haven't discussed this in detail here... ::)

so sorry, but i didnt (yet) read WHOLE forum-s, and every topics (alot many..

maybe you discussed it alrdy, but i didnt reach it there yet..

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2020, 04:59:59 pm »
For research topics, I would make two versions: A low-power, bulky device that has to be carried in a backpack or something. This one would require Psionics (and all of its required research topics), the brainchip research, and potentially an interrogation of a Sectoid Leader or better. This one could work with any armor, but is not that great.

For the ultimate mind-shield, it requires researching alien electronics, flying power armor, and interrogating a high-tier psychic enemy (Ethereals or the Embassy brain should suffice). That one is naturally way better shield, but more expensive to make, and may only work with power-armor type suits due its intense energy requirements (if you wish to code in that limitation). Alternatively, it could be integrated into the best power armor types (the Flying and the yellow one types), but that would require changing the stats of the existing armors, or creating a new one with minimal differences. I dunno which option is better.

^^ this all is solution of Mind Shielding in, -by hi-tech (electronics, /optronics, spintronics) way..

..and then, furthermore, theere would, /should be also solution ..*en naturelle, - let´s make any kind of person, any kind of soldier (let´say, hybrids, or some witchs, or gals, or some high rank, hight tier of the minor, and major fraction - be en-naturelle immune to psi attack, - or let´ them to have naturally ability to shield´ing the mind-wawes..

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2020, 05:12:25 pm »
Like AI units?  ;D

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2020, 05:38:05 pm »
AI units are wonderful, immune to zombifying, able to flight early, immune to psi . Sent them handling the Zombie Infectors in zombie missions. My hover tank fly over the Vampire castle walls. Just bring rockets on team backpack. Flying drone can't handle the big vampires in the castle but it can spot targets that can be handle by others (crush their heart attack can be handy since it's a psi amp attack). A rogue chrysalid send a team of flying AI units. Flyng drones can also handle the top level of ships if there's a top enter or a hole in the roof.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 05:41:01 pm by betatester »