aliens

Author Topic: Self Medkit Heal [OXCE]  (Read 4596 times)

Offline N7Kopper

• Captain
    • View Profile
Self Medkit Heal [OXCE]
« on: July 16, 2019, 04:03:01 pm »
It is as it says. This mod allows the vanilla medkit in both UFO and TFTD to use the allowSelfHeal feature of OXCE. It's a simple enough change that nobody's thought to make an actual downloadable for it I guess, but here it is anyway.

misterx

Re: Self Medkit Heal [OXCE]
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 04:05:53 pm »
I think that might be included as mod for openxcom extended (avaiable under the "mod" button/menu) Other thoughts about it?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 04:33:59 pm »
I think that might be included as mod for openxcom extended (avaiable under the "mod" button/menu) Other thoughts about it?

I don't have plans to include any more built-in (standard) mods.

Actually, I am thinking (for a longer time) about removing some of the currently available.

Offline N7Kopper

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 04:51:29 pm »
I don't have plans to include any more built-in (standard) mods.

Actually, I am thinking (for a longer time) about removing some of the currently available.
The default pack-in mods should all either be nice and simple, or accommodate for pre-OpenXcom stuff like Util and Extender. There's no sense in overwhelming people either new to OXCE or to old X-Com in general with a whole battleshipload of second wave options right in the menu. (We already have a Skyranger full of them!)

Of course, if people want the old options that get axed, they could always be collated into one big modpack (one zip, multiple mod folders of course) and put onto the site. I volunteer in advance for my five seconds worth of troubleshooting, typing, and screenshotting to be shoved into any modpacks. I don't need kudos and credit for enabling a feature - thank the people who implemented it.

Offline N7Kopper

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 06:07:15 pm »
Updated for the new OXCE syntax... provided I didn't really mess it up (which I shouldn't have)

Offline rbuck000

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 07:23:16 am »
Does this only work for the str_medikit or other healing items?