Author Topic: [Solved] Mod loading orders, Master Mods, and is-master  (Read 1911 times)

Offline skyhawk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[Solved] Mod loading orders, Master Mods, and is-master
« on: January 25, 2020, 09:16:30 am »
So maintaining a "cheater" version of a large mod is moderately sanity-challenging. I'd like to have it as a sub-mod of my Rework mod, so I only need to list the few things it changes, rather than keep a whole entire copy of the Rework.

xcom2
  Other mods that refer to master xcom2
  CheatSuite  <-- Slashes prices, build-times and buffs soldiers and armors for the vanilla game
  Rework   <-- Is a mod for xcom2, but makes massive changes and additions
    Rework-cheatsuite   <-- This just slashes prices, build-times and buffs soldiers and armors for the new stuff in Rework

I can make Rework is-master, but then it instantly becomes incompatible with all other xcom2 mods. It does still appear to work and have access to the vanilla resources.

Is there a way to have my cake and eat it too? Is the load order well defined in such a way that I can ensure that Rework-cheatsuite loads AFTER Rework?

« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 09:00:41 am by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Mod loading orders, Master Mods, and is-master
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 09:23:14 am »
Is the load order well defined in such a way that I can ensure that Rework-cheatsuite loads AFTER Rework?

Yes, mod on the top of the list loads first, mod on the bottom of the list loads last.

Offline skyhawk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Mod loading orders, Master Mods, and is-master
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 10:28:56 am »
Yes, mod on the top of the list loads first, mod on the bottom of the list loads last.

Oh!

I never noticed the sorting arrows before! Awesome. Thanks.