Author Topic: _Raven_'s wishlist  (Read 557 times)

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: _Raven_'s wishlist
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2024, 02:52:33 pm »
I know that you are all busy and that my ideas may be completely ignored, but here is another idea for your consideration.
Spoiler:
The .nam file in this file with names has already been added with the function of indicating which country and region the names belong to, you also need to add the following command “flag: 15” there
Russian.nam
Code:
###country: STR_RUSSIA
###region: STR_SIBERIA
#flag: 15
###globalWeight: 65500
###lookWeights:
###  - 25
###  - 35
###  - 35
###  - 5
###maleFirst:
###  - Дмитрий
This way, for each file with names you can specify your own flag, no more arrangement of flags in the correct order in the "extraSprites" file, you can simply specify any flag under any number, and then indicate this number in the .nam file and all the soldiers who will receive names from this file, they will also receive the flag that is indicated there (you can specify even just one flag in extraSprites, numbered 15, and the soldiers will receive this flag, even if the file with names is numbered 20 in the folder with names).

Add a feature like this, it will be easier for everyone to assign flags, even if the .nam files are located in different folders.
Yes, I know that there is such a function
Code:
###soldiers:
###  - type: STR_PILOT
###    flagOffset: 33
This function does not allow you to select a flag, just ignore flags 0-32 and immediately assign flag 33 to the first .nam file in the folder, and I suggest linking flags to .nam files.

I don’t think it will be difficult to do, the main thing is that you have the time and desire.