aliens

Author Topic: Warp weapons,Dimension X weapons and minor damage balance questions.  (Read 6643 times)

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Warp weapons,Dimension X weapons and minor damage balance questions.
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2020, 11:24:58 am »
Thanks, I'm in plain of cyberweb arc but since I already got the blaster rifle maybe they will be less interesting weapons.

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2020, 02:47:06 am »
I got my first disruptor rifle. It's April the 9th 1999
I still need to research it.
But at this time I already have Blaster rifle, Blackops smartgun with tritabium ammo one of the best LMG, many psychic weapons (flame glove, storm rose, dagon staff, heart crasher staff, psiclones, some skull jacks, psi amps in research)  Blackops minigun woth tritanium even scatter blaster and because some guy still need a bit of natural bravery for the tactical neural implant some vibro blade and EMP grenades for pure mechanical targets!. And my main guys are helix knights. (I'm late with hybrids unlucky with captures, with apocalypse (twice they killrd the leaders I have captured), Psychics only after capturing one sectoid leader, I should have waited for an alpha werewolf). I'm a bit late in underwater too because I haven't realized that researching the Deep One communocator was needed.
And collecting money for my first advanced lab.
So when you say you can have them early I wonder what I did wrong ???

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2020, 02:01:16 pm »
You haven't done anything wrong, the dice simply didn't give you these missions earlier. That's perfectly normal; I really don't understand why assume that every playthrough is similar. It is not, and it is not supposed to be.

Good job with the progress anyway.

Offline Alazar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2020, 02:37:29 pm »
I got my first disruptor rifle. It's April the 9th 1999
I still need to research it.
But at this time I already have Blaster rifle, Blackops smartgun with tritabium ammo one of the best LMG, many psychic weapons (flame glove, storm rose, dagon staff, heart crasher staff, psiclones, some skull jacks, psi amps in research)  Blackops minigun woth tritanium even scatter blaster and because some guy still need a bit of natural bravery for the tactical neural implant some vibro blade and EMP grenades for pure mechanical targets!. And my main guys are helix knights. (I'm late with hybrids unlucky with captures, with apocalypse (twice they killrd the leaders I have captured), Psychics only after capturing one sectoid leader, I should have waited for an alpha werewolf). I'm a bit late in underwater too because I haven't realized that researching the Deep One communocator was needed.
And collecting money for my first advanced lab.
So when you say you can have them early I wonder what I did wrong ???

Not wrong, just late. I had all this stuff even before first clash with space bois.
Since you already got to Dim.X and did not quite get how I will explain(spoiler for those who did not get to Dim.X)
Spoiler:
After you beat Red Dawn and research everything about Superfabric, you get 1-2 Cyberweb den missions startng next month. You need to get a live Technomad from it. Next mission opens, you need Cyberweb plans, next mission needs just a victory and research new tech you get after you won. There you go, you opened Dim.X. Its really early mid game.

You haven't done anything wrong, the dice simply didn't give you these missions earlier. That's perfectly normal; I really don't understand why assume that every playthrough is similar. It is not, and it is not supposed to be.

Good job with the progress anyway.

I noticed the more possible missions you have, the less likely you get ones you need. So early game mission cleaning is critical to get tech faster. That and multiple research\production bases.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 02:46:33 pm by Alazar »

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2020, 05:57:09 pm »
Yep, the randomness of missions is a bit enervating but I think it increases replay ability. And research is also an important factor. You can't research all at once.

It's sad I've got David Vincent mission early, I have to kill all M.I.B with the biggest weapons I've got at this time and couldn't take prisoners, so I'm late in M.I.B arc too (safety prevails on efficacy) . Still waiting for Black Widow (can't remember her name) mission even if I had unlock her dossier before David Vincent.

So maybe on my next game Cyberweb will come first.