Author Topic: [Feedback] Realistic weapon damage penalties, Land vs sea discussion.  (Read 1435 times)

wcho035

Hi, this is not a feature request, more like a general discussion. I need a place in the forum where this topic have maximum exposure. I would like everyone to have some input on this.

I need help. Not like oxce or any mod help, but help in deciding weapon damage percentage drop off penalty, when a sea weapon come to use on land and vice versa.

I am searching for the closest or best realistic percentage drop off possible. So to make the mod balance with almost realistic weapon damage as close to the vanilla game as possible.

If I have not gotten the point across of what I want.  Here for example.

Land base laser weapon. If it is used in the sea or underwater, due to dispersion and etc. How effective laser weapon damage will be? Will 20% Penalty is believable.

So here is my propose table for weapon drop off penalties, for land vs sea. I am looking for people's input on what is a believable range in the weapon penalties. 

LAND                       SEA
LASERS -                      Normal                     -20% Penalties.
PLASMA-                       Normal                     -50% Penalties. (Plasma dispersed more in water)
Sonic    -                      -30% Penalties          Normal 
Particle Beam -             Normal                     -20% Penalties.

(Gauss and Rail gun)
Armour Piercing bolt     +10% damage          Normal              (AP damage do more on land)

Feel free to input your thoughts as to if this is a realistic penalty reduction for weapons, vs land and sea damage reduction.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 10:53:16 am by Meridian »

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
As far I know right now its impossible to have mechanic like that in OXCE, but if I update scripts and add all missed variables then you could try calculate penalties based of depth level.

wcho035

Actually, I already have in mind to have two different set armor for the same soldier.

One for land and one for sea.

The damageModifier for land and sea armor is different. This is how I am going to implement this damage percentage dropoff.

For example..

- id: STR_RAIDER_REGIMENT
    retaliationMission: STR_FACTION_RETALIATIONWEST
    retaliationAggression: 20
    members:
      - STR_RAIDERCOMMANDER
      - STR_RAIDERLEADER
      - STR_RAIDEROFFICER
      - STR_RAIDERSARGENT    <-- Land Armour
      - STR_RAIDERSOLDIER
      - STR_RAIDERSOLDIER
      - STR_ROBOSROCKET_TERRORIST