aliens

Author Topic: [DONE][Suggestion] Research menu - include base name and base navigation.  (Read 528 times)

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
  • Y'all are awesome! Thankful for this community.
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
Often when speeding up the clock and a research pop's then following I get the option to research a new topic, the research menu opens up for the base that just completed the research...

Problem:
I can't recall or don't know which base research menu I'm at or want to check what research is currently on going at other bases. When exiting the research menu I am taken back to the geoscape, and not the basescape so I still don't know which base I was at other than navigation to each base research menu and looking for the base that has spare scientists.

Reason this is important:
Some research is available globally and some is only available at a base dependent on if the base has an enemy, alien, or item at that base.  If I have specific bases for research topics I want to make sure I don't specific global research at a base I want to research specific items or enemies at.

Suggested Solution:
1.) Place the name of the base in the Research Menu.
2.) Have <-- --> left right arrows in research menu to move between bases without going back to the main base GUI.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Research menu - include base name and base navigation.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 11:12:22 pm »
1.) Place the name of the base in the Research Menu.

You can enable this option: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7715.msg153872.html#msg153872
to show you which base has finished which research.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 06:51:50 pm by Meridian »

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
  • Y'all are awesome! Thankful for this community.
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
Re: [Suggestion] Research menu - include base name and base navigation.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 12:03:54 am »
You can enable this option: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7715.msg153872.html#msg153872
to show you which base has finished which research.

thanks!  that's great

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [DONE][Suggestion] Research menu - include base name and base navigation.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 06:49:07 pm »
2.) Have <-- --> left right arrows in research menu to move between bases without going back to the main base GUI.

Navigation between bases (via global research overview) has been improved to include also bases with no ongoing research, so that you can switch between all potentially relevant bases.

Global research shows also bases with no ongoing research, but scientists available.
Global production shows also bases with no ongoing production, but engineers available.
Global prison shows also bases with no prisoners, but prison space available.

Hotkeys: C, P and J
(when on geoscape or when in corresponding base detail)

https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/6496f77cca2f46b354b0592f887bb8a8e8056fff