Author Topic: Adding colour texture to negative -1 texture..  (Read 1958 times)

wcho035

Adding colour texture to negative -1 texture..
« on: December 10, 2019, 12:11:50 pm »
Hey guys, I have been digging around the forum and I found this old thread

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5869.30.html

The globe in the attachment is not bad, at least better than mine.

I turned on debug mode, there are the light blue discoloration in certain places are negative textures.

Those negative texture are -1

So, if I put some terrains in globe.rul, texture -1 section, it is problem solved. I get a usable globe! Now the technical part.

How do you color -1 texture with a blue color texture?

I assume the textures.png start from 0 to XXX? How do you assign a color to -1 texture?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Adding colour texture to negative -1 texture..
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 12:42:58 pm »
How do you color -1 texture with a blue color texture?

There is no texture there... -1 is just a default number we return indicating a "lack of texture".

If you want a texture there, you need to define a polygon, there is no other way.

wcho035

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 01:23:07 pm »
Okay thanks Meridian, so now I have to find a way to extract this from the dat file.. and dat file can be made by.. oh god many different program

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 06:38:09 pm »
Yes, thats supsupers version, it's full Of Holes as you can see, being in the other  format makes it harder to work with as that tool dont work on my pc for some reason otherwise i would of just finished it off.

Also the textures pinned dont appear to be the same ones used ( as i cant see several of the water textures),I would be curious to see that version in a Video to see if the textures behave them self correctly when the day/night cycle change. those Textures attached appear to be Hobbes work which would mean they are also now restricted to his mods only.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 06:47:54 pm by luke83 »