Author Topic: [UFO]&[TFTD][Beta?]Hybrid Mod for UFO enemy unknown and TFTD.  (Read 23678 times)

wcho035

Re: [UFO]&[TFTD][Beta?]Hybrid Mod for UFO enemy unknown and TFTD.
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 02:53:02 pm »
Future plans is.

-The above mentioned other versions and flavors of this mod.

-Instruction on how to install's luke's Hybrid globe. Only the globe will be used. All the terrains and other things is already in this mod. Sorry Luke, I have to my assets for this, there are incompatibilities.

-Currently released weapon packs and terrain packs , made compatible with this mod. Mostly which weapon can work on land and sea need tweaking, and land terrains on the right part in the texture section rule files.

wcho035

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2020, 05:53:32 pm »
update 17/2

I have finally fixed the Alien infiltration problem in the mod. Now all the alien missions in the mod is working perfectly.

However, due to the nature of this mod being a Hybrid, I have to mod some of the original Alien missions to something else to make it work. This will make the alien mission in the game somewhat of a different flavor compare to the original game.

The next step is to test the research tree from bottom to top. This will be done the rest of this week.

During the testing of this mod, a few more bugs were also found. Like the death animation for most of the TFTD aliens are a little whacked. This need fixing. Also all the laser weapons for underwater need to be made that they only work on land because laser disperse underwater.

Among other issues are.

-Grunge alien deployment need more work.

-UFOpedia pictures need more work..

-New alien grenade launcher mode for the stunt bomb launcher.

-New terror missions, like farm raid, Underwater research facility raid, archeological research raid and etc. I will only add this feature when I have time to do them. Cause this mod and its variants must be done by the end of the month.

Two new screen shot,

1) undersea base for TFTD and UFo aliens. This is different to Alien Colony. Alien Colony uses the usual Entry maps and terrain. Please note of the underwater mask the floater is wearing in the screenshot.

2) Location of undersea bases.. as example.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 05:56:33 pm by Precentor Apollyon »

wcho035

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2020, 02:28:31 pm »
19/2 update.

Finally uploaded the last of the terror weapons for the game. I have included hallucinoids and Xarsquids. One of the changes also differs from vanilla is Aquanauts basic armor at the start of the game. No longer they were using diving suit but exposed scuba gear. For Diving suits, you have to buy them.

Also I have finally prepared the final list of corrections needed to be done, before this game would be release. I anticipate I would need a full week to fix them up.

Here are the photos of the suimsuits and added terror weapons.

wcho035

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2020, 05:00:52 pm »
Update 22/02

This mod is now working like a dream. I have yet to encounter a crash today and the research tree is robust on the ufo side. That means you can research all the tech just like you do in the original ufo game. The TFTD research tree is also working well. Tomorrow I shall test the rest of it. Once everything works out, I will probably release it tomorrow night.

Everything about this mod is an enhancement from the original ufo, with full hybrid game play. The only regret is that I don't have enough time to perfect it more, like all the ufopedia from TFTD has the original pictures for weapons, crafts and armour. For now, only the Aliens has it. Also the original movement and death sounds for the TFTD Aliens are missing, so they are substituted with those from UFOs. Lastly, most of the mission briefing at the start of a mission is missing. Otherwise, this mod is utterly playable.

The new stuff I have also added, are UFO Alien using breathing apparatus underwater. Another innovation is Alien from land and sea uses separate unit properties, because this allow for land and sea armor properties vs weapon damage coming from land or sea weapons.  Again, due to time constraint, I have yet to put in the feature for different weapon damage between land and sea weapons   

Lastly, the terror missions are enhanced. With the exception of Cargo ship terror, every terror mission type now have a ufo component. For Ufo Aliens, it is the terror ship, for TFTD aliens it is the battleship. Please see screen shots. TFTD Aliens in this mod would participate in URBAN terror missions and ufo aliens now also participate in CARGO, Port and island terror missions.

There is more, I have also added three more terror mission types, like undersea terror missions. Like Underwater Mining settlement raid. Undersea Archeological raid and Under sea Geological expedition under attack.

This mod is fully playable and moddable. It is begging for extra weapon packs and ufos to be added to make it more fun. Unfortunately, my time allocation for it is over. After its variants like those I had mention in the thread before are released. I plan to stop modding ufo completely for a few months.

Terrain like Hobbes terrain pack are fully compatible to this mod. But you need to add it manually in the texture.rul in the land section.

The only regret I have for this mod is, it is not Feature complete like it is missing the underwater Hanger for undersea bases and Submersible combat/Interception.

For now, here are the new screenshots from the Terror missions, with ufos.

wcho035

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2020, 03:10:17 pm »
This mod is now complete and ready for upload today! Yay!

Here is a screenshot using luke's globe. All version will be uploaded on the openxcom.mod.io portal today.

wcho035

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 02:29:04 pm »
So far, all three version of the mod is released. Although I have yet to receive a bug report, but that doesn’t mean there is none. I am hoping that’s the case. That means the heavy testing paid off. In a week’s time, I have plans to release an expansion pack. This expansion pack has new weapon type like Sniper rifle, sub machine guns and quad lightweight rockets and torpedoes. Also, I will add a mercenary faction terrorising the globe. This will give any player of my mod to fight human opponents. These mercs are armed with human weapons, land or sea, with tanks as terror weapons. Cool things is, when the mission is done, you can salvage a triton or skyranger from it.

Personally, I am looking forward to release this expansion pack, the fun part is naming this Merc unit.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2020, 09:53:32 am »
The bitmap images are very difficult to view. Could you use png or gif images?

wcho035

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2020, 05:46:14 pm »
Sure, I will do that in the future. For more, just download the mod and you can see for all its glory.

Update today. I have finished almost everything needed for the expansion pack. Just a bit more tweaking on the re-balancing and I will post it out in a few days.

This mod pack will add four new basic weapons types each for land and sea.

The weapon types are
-Sniper Rifle/Harpoon.
-Submachine gun/Rapid Dart
-Quad Rocket/Torpedo launcher, single used, auto or snap fire only, allow for saturation or area effect bombardment.
-Light machine gun/Rapid Harpoon.

There are new ammo type for pistol, Rifle, sniper rifle, uzi, dart pistol, rapid dart, harpoon rifle and Scoped Harpoon.

These ammo type are

-Tungsten Core ammo, +25% damage, but you can only loot it off from the dead bodies of Mercs you kill.

-Alien Alloy coated ammo, +35% damage, after you research Alien Alloy or Aqua Plastic, you can coat current ammo with these alien metal for more damage.

-Aquaplastic or Alien Alloy coated Tungsten round, add almost 75% damage more than the base Pistol and rifle damage.

This will upgrade the Rifle, pistol to be more useful in the later game.

This upgrade will add a new enemy Human Faction, a rotten Merc Unit that had gone rogue. Kill them for money and rare ammo like Tungsten core rounds. You can salvage their Skyranger or Triton after shooting them down.

Also, I had exchange info with the esteem Reaver of Darkness, if he could make his awesome faithful Megamod compatible like an expansion to my Hybrid mod. This will add craft and weapons from his megamod to my Hybrid mod. This is truly exciting stuff guys. I couldn't be more happy with Reaver of Darkness agreeing to be a partner in making his and my mod better.

wcho035

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2020, 07:30:53 am »
Screenshots from the expansion pack.

wcho035

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2020, 09:23:09 pm »
Update 21/04.

After a long absence, I finally have time to update my mod.

In the time prior to now, I shall be releasing the next patch in the near future. This patch is to correct a a rare regional error, that pops up in Alien retaliation mission.

The expansion pack is delayed due to I don't have enough time at testing it. It will be release next month with new weapons and a merc faction.

This expansion pack will also rework the armour stats in the mod. For a long time, I didn't have the chance to have proper review and update of weapons from land and sea doing different damage on environments vice versa to what they were design for.  Now, I finally have finished it. I will be including this update after the patch.

Here is the screen shot of an enemy Skyranger getting intercepted...

wcho035

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2020, 05:37:30 pm »
Upcoming expansion pack, with Skyranger shot down over land or sea. Having different crash configuration.

wcho035

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2020, 09:01:30 am »
Expansion pack and new version released together today.

Also please download's Reavers Faithful Mod for the Hybrid mod, when he release it in the near future.

His mod will add extra craft and weapons into the Hybrid mod.

https://openxcom.mod.io/hybrid-mod-version-23-and-merc-assault-expansion

« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 09:31:28 am by Precentor Apollyon »

wcho035

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2020, 09:29:51 am »
Reaver of Darkness's Faithful megamod for the Hybrid mod is now released.

https://openxcom.mod.io/reavers-faithful-megamod-for-hybrid-mod

wcho035

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2020, 02:06:12 pm »
Hi everyone whom had downloaded this mod.

Version 2.4 has just been released. Please download from the Openxcom.mod.io website.

This is a small update that will work for the latest version of the OXCE 3.5

Please ONLY download this 2.4 update if you are using the latest version of the OXCE, not any version before it.

Also Reavers Faithful for Hybrid mod has been updated to ver 1.1 to fix some bugs from the Alienmissionufo.rul

Thanks.

Note to Adminstrator, Moderator,

Can you please move my thread to the Released mod section. Mod has been released for a few months now and it is not work in progress anymore.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 02:33:15 pm by Precentor Apollyon »

wcho035

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2020, 06:02:01 pm »
Version 2.5 of the mod has been released.

Instruction on installing the mod.

1) Download the mod first.

2) Then add expansion pack ver. 2.3

3)  Install 2.4

4)  Install 2.5

Ver 2.5 change log.
-Correct soldier have woundrecovery to infinity by deleting irrelevant flag.
-Update starting and enviromental conditions for not coding correctly. Now it should work as intended.