Author Topic: [Answered] Few Tweaks - Possible?  (Read 1955 times)

Offline mark617

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[Answered] Few Tweaks - Possible?
« on: October 21, 2019, 01:02:05 am »
Hey guys, just had a few questions:

1) How can I make it so I continue to get land missions often? They all but disappear late in the game and I would love to keep these spawning often throughout the campaign.

2) I know in the base game you can only get 12 alien sites. Is it possible to make these continue to spawn infinitely? Like land missions, these are fun.

3) In one of the hotkey threads for, I believe the mod WOTS, there was an option to execute unconscious mobs while standing over them. You could right click on your knife for the option. Can I add this function to the base game easily? It would be nice to simply add such a function to the three drills.

*3) I am assuming this is not available based on the following: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3833.45.html

4) Can one simply change the drills in the .rul to function the same as the Thermal Tazer re hit rate? Basically, I would like the drills to be hard coded @ 100% hit rate like the tazer and then adjust the TU costs as follows: 20% TU for VB / 25% for TL / 30% for HTL.

*4) I assume I can leave all the entries under the drills alone in the item.rul and simply change / add the following (I will just change the fixed TU costs as I see fit, instead of worrying about a percentage). With that said, is applying the skillApplied: false going to cause any issues for enemies equipped with drills? When I MC, for instance, a crab, its accuracy with the lance might be 180% currently. I don't care if their new hit rate drops to 100% (or 90%, or whatever value I set in the .rul file), so long as it won't cause some unforeseen problem(s):
    accuracyMelee: 100 (change this from 150 etc. due to next entry)
    skillApplied: false

Thanks for any help  :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 07:06:55 pm by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Few Tweaks - Possible?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 07:06:34 pm »
Better late than never:

1. not sure which mod do we talk about... but in general, you can mod the mission scripts to generate as many missions as you like

2. yes, a very simple change in mission scripts

3. it was removed

4. yes