aliens

Author Topic: Ideas for a fantasy or a history mod. I am not doing one, but may help others..  (Read 2007 times)

wcho035

Hi, at seeing the fantasy mods out here. I want to share some creative ideas which I have over the years, if I am to do a similar mod. However, atm, I am more happy to see my current mod finish and out there, than to start another one.

This said, here is my put for a historical or fantasy mod.

-Compare your base as a city, not just a base. Convert the base into a surface base, use mapview to create the facilities into a town or city.

-Instead of having craft, you have armies or regiments. For example, in XComfiles, the game start with a car. Instead of having a car, you have a Wagon surrounded by tiles occupied by your soldiers. You can have up to 30 soldiers and with the wagon, you move at a snail pace around the map.

-UFO as opposing army or regiments. The enemy will have their Wagons and their soldier spawn near a wagon. Like Civilization, you have barbarians or rogue regiments roaming the land and your armies or regiments is to intercept and defend the land.

-Use the base to city idea and apply the same for the enemies. If enemy build a town or city in a region, then they infiltrated the region until the city (Base) is destroyed.

-Enemy can attack your town, similar to how you defend your base.

-Your "craft" now your regiments, instead of fuel, they have fodders to go around the map.

-If your "craft" or regiments is in the sea, any battle on the sea will be ship battles, like your wagon is on a ship. Using the wreck galleon from TFTD, you can have ship to ship boarding action and combat to win a batttle.

-This might need to be hard coded. Get rid of craft interception. There is no Craft vs ufo battle. If your craft or regiment intercept an enemy regiment, instant crash site or battle starts.

This is just a start. So.. it might go somewhere.

wcho035

This is a ship from Nord's Chronicle mod. Unused. I have modify it. Now it is a sea sailing ship. In a fantasy mod or historical mod, imagine having two ship side by side and you fight a deck to deck sea battle using swords and shields.

This added weight to my idea of a fantasy/ Historical mod.