aliens

Author Topic: Alternate Paperdolls In OpenXcom Extended  (Read 15351 times)

Offline Diego21ARG

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate Paperdolls In OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2019, 03:14:14 pm »
This looks great!

Offline SuperCaffeineDude

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • supercaffeinedude
Re: Alternate Paperdolls In OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2019, 08:39:10 am »
Cheers bud!

Are you still working on this? all of them look awesome  :)

Forgot I posted this tbh, I believe there was some progress made regarding paperdoll layering in extended, so I want to get my head around that, previously (more than 2 years ago now) I think I burnt out when I had to save the variants and my laptop broke (plays violin), I also didn't like the idea of representing religions, but having names and paperdolls mismatching in a way that might seem pretty tasteless.

I'm thinking a way to avoid name weirdness might be to segregate them into types of soldiers that share armor, then have them available from quests (i.e. pick up soldiers (type oriental) from china, pick up soldiers (type arabian) from Egypt), that seems like a lot of work, though it potentially gives me an infinite variety cap. (Additionally I guess you could have men and women as different types of soldier, then use their "sex" as "culture" which grants me a different torso and death-scream (i.e. have some indians wearing turbans with a different set of names))
And another way might be to avoid regional specific clothing and names, though this really nulls the point of what I'd intended.

If anything should be clear from what I've written it's that I'm not clear and I'm more likely to use these assets in another project than a vanilla extension atm.

Cheers though!