aliens

Author Topic: Martial Arts training (v. 1.0)  (Read 4840 times)

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Martial Arts training (v. 1.0)
« on: November 14, 2019, 06:00:03 am »
Hey there, X-Shinobies!
Do anyone of you know what prerequisites are for martial arts training? I've learned 'Ninja arts' tech, but still cannot train anyone, even such super-ultra-mega soldier, like this http://prntscr.com/pwi2he Bio-enhancement and pilot training are done.

Offline Cynus_X

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Martial Arts training (v. 1.0)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 02:58:37 pm »
I had the same question so I googled it... in the soldiertransformations files:

Spoiler:
- STR_MARTIAL_ARTS_TRAINING
    cost: 2000
    transferTime: 320
    requiredMinStats:
      tu: 60
      stamina: 70
      throwing: 55
      melee: 70
      psiStrength: 30
      mana: 75

Edit: after looking at your soldier, it appears it has to be base stats without commendation bonuses. So your melee is still too low.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 03:01:40 pm by Cynus_X »

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 03:09:34 pm »
Edit: after looking at your soldier, it appears it has to be base stats without commendation bonuses. So your melee is still too low.

Thanks a lot! It seems MA training is almost useless...

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 04:23:01 pm »
wouldn't MA training raise melee, but not depend on it?
I don't see sense for that requirement.
Lets say you have 20 melee and after MA its 30. You still suck, but thereĀ“s no reason not to get the training...
Also how does psi strength fit in there?
TU/Stamina/Mana i totally understand.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 05:13:47 pm »
wouldn't MA training raise melee, but not depend on it?
I don't see sense for that requirement.

Hmm... I think there should be minimum melee requirement, but I'm not sure it have to be so high. Otherwise there will be very rare opportunity to use it, because melee isn't that thing you are use every mission. Maybe this feature was made specially for those players who know the right tactics and love it. As for me, I prefer to keep the distance. I'm using melee only to stun someone.

Also how does psi strength fit in there?

Maybe it displays mental abilities of a combatant. Something about deep philosophy of eastern martial arts: 'MA are not only about body, but mind first'.  :)

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 06:02:49 pm »
I've tested a couple of simple missions few minutes ago and had used only one soldier (60+ melee skill) with katana. No exp in melee was gained. Looks like the cap of basic melee skill is on 60+. Sadly, but it seems to be impossible to train anyone of martial arts...

Offline Arcalane

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 06:58:42 pm »
Not sure how XP gain works, so I can't say for sure if that's intended. Though, it should be possible to do MA training once your soldiers have Combat Pilot Training and a Tactical Neural Implant though as they each add +5 melee.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 07:33:09 pm »
Not sure how XP gain works, so I can't say for sure if that's intended. Though, it should be possible to do MA training once your soldiers have Combat Pilot Training and a Tactical Neural Implant though as they each add +5 melee.

No, these boosts counts as additional stats, not trained. I've already researched TNI and upgraded some of my soldiers - it is still nothing about MA.

Offline Cynus_X

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 11:57:39 pm »
I've tested a couple of simple missions few minutes ago and had used only one soldier (60+ melee skill) with katana. No exp in melee was gained. Looks like the cap of basic melee skill is on 60+.

Huh  :o . Unless something changed in XCF 1.0, the cap for melee accuracy should be much higher.

This is my top guy from 0.9.9 (I started over with 1.0). I got his melee accuracy to 96 by putting him in a jumparmor and giving him the "ancient katana" and then let him kill at least 2 melee strange lifeform creatures each mission. If you can fly, you can just land behind a critter and slash it in the back  ;) and then fly up afterwards. No risk  ;D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 12:09:37 am by Cynus_X »

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 04:28:06 am »
Huh  :o . Unless something changed in XCF 1.0, the cap for melee accuracy should be much higher.

This is my top guy from 0.9.9 (I started over with 1.0). I got his melee accuracy to 96 by putting him in a jumparmor and giving him the "ancient katana" and then let him kill at least 2 melee strange lifeform creatures each mission. If you can fly, you can just land behind a critter and slash it in the back  ;) and then fly up afterwards. No risk  ;D

The question is not about security. I've killed 5 enemies during one and 4 during another mission and gained no melee exp. Seems like it capped.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 05:51:32 am by X-Man »

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2019, 10:27:57 am »

I was mistaken, sorry. Yes, the cap isn't at 60. After many kills (didn't count how much exactly) melee skill is 70 now and MA training is available. +10 to TU and +10 reactions are worthwhile.   :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 01:20:39 pm »
The cap is 90, but OK, I'll lower the requirements to 65.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 06:56:51 pm »
The cap is 90, but OK, I'll lower the requirements to 65.

Arigato, sensei!  8)