aliens

Author Topic: [Solved] issues upgrading my mod to newer OXCE  (Read 5832 times)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Recovery of spawned units.
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2019, 11:22:52 am »
The problem is that the mod is a work of many years and evolved along, that means that many (maybe even most) files have cross-references. I tried the direct approach of simply fixing the bugs that the CTD provided when I launched the mod under 6.1.1. but it took several minutes for each little bug and I daresay there are hundreds of numbers to change. So I surrendered.

I will see where I can upload the mod, it is rather big (~200MB), must be the music-files...
Anyway, thanks for the replies and your offer for help. It will probably take some days before I repost, though.

Oh and don't expect anything special the mod is just my personal mod, with files of all possible sources, edited slightly or largely.  :)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2019, 02:01:05 pm »
Ok here is the stripped down (without music files) version of the mod. I hope you are right about the one-line-change, because otherwise it might be too much work for you. In that case don't bother fixing it, you surely have better things to do.  :)

Oh and just in case: The mod is a strictly personal mod. It will not get an "official" release, there's too much work of other people included and I will remove the link above once it is fixed. I write that of course because of the parts of Hobbes' Terrain Pack in it. :-X

Edit by Meridian: downloaded, attachment removed

Edit 2 by Meridian: done... time needed less than 5 minutes... I will play with it a bit more in the evening and change at least a few indices, so that not so much memory is wasted if I can
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 03:08:12 pm by Meridian »

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2019, 01:07:44 pm »
Gee, cool!  8)

Got your PM and downloaded it right away. I can't thank you enough.