Author Topic: Multi-level human base defense mission Questions.  (Read 1579 times)

wcho035

Multi-level human base defense mission Questions.
« on: October 22, 2019, 10:53:42 am »
Hi Meridian, I have been exploring this idea for a while. Today, I am certain there's two technical challenge to this that might prevent it from being a reality.

1) Can Battlescape handle different type of UFOs, in base defense missions.

Say in the upper surface map of a two level base defense mission. You have different factions attacking the base, each faction uses a different type ufo battleship or dreadnought in different base defense missions. Can the game handle different ufos in the map?

2) Will the base defense battlescape mission ends, if the surface base defense is successful?

If a two level base defense mission is successful on the surface map. Alien and their ufo are wipe out by xcom forces. Would the base defense mission in battlescape continues onto the next level? Or it ends as the base is successfully defended?

I have a feeling the game would continue on to the next, for the game is not coded to handle this. Yes?

Thanks.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-level human base defense mission Questions.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 11:01:14 am »
As far as I know, none of this is possible.

wcho035

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 11:03:24 am »
Thanks for the fast reply. I will stick to one level base defense mission then. Ambition = more work.

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 04:38:46 am »
I remember seeing something on this forum years ago that sounds similar to what you are talking about.

Someone had built the code to allow 8 floor levels instead of 4 by stacking two map grids somehow.

From what I can recall it was technically functional but no one had used it yet.

I know I've seen this! It had a screenshot on the post and everything.

Does anyone else remember this? I can't seem to find it.

I think the thread even mentioned the exterior of an X-Com base as a possible use for it during defence missions.

EDIT:
This appears to be what I had seen in the past... I think:
[Documentation] Getting High on Vertical Terrain.

Edit, again:
After reading that thread again I think that I'd misinterpreted what was being discussed.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 04:54:34 am by The Martian »