Author Topic: New base / access lift build time  (Read 1995 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
New base / access lift build time
« on: October 19, 2019, 12:21:58 pm »
Honestly I'm not sure where to post this, this might as well be a feature request for OCXE OXCE:

When building a new base, the first facility (i.e. the access lift) is always build instantly, ignoring the defined build time. Is it possible to change this so the access lift actually takes time to build?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 12:33:59 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: New base / access lift build time
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 12:32:41 pm »
it's OXCE, not OCXE

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 12:33:20 pm »
 :P

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 03:17:15 pm »
No, but what you could do is make a facility with a baseFunc that all other facilities require, so you have to build that one first after the lift and wait for it to finish. I'm assuming that is your goal - to delay building other facilities after you place the base.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 03:24:50 pm »
No, but what you could do is make a facility with a baseFunc that all other facilities require, so you have to build that one first after the lift and wait for it to finish. I'm assuming that is your goal - to delay building other facilities after you place the base.
Yeah, but preferrably not taking up another tile at the same time. The goal would be more to indicate that the lift doesn't simply "appear" out of thin air, but is actually being built the same way other facilities are. Thanks for the suggestion, but I guess this is going to end up as a feature request somewhere down the line.