Author Topic: Linux version on manjaro: What does it mean by "installed correctly"?  (Read 2126 times)

Offline WaldoTheRanger

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I'm trying to get openxcom to work on manjaro.
I've installed the version from the AUR (arch user repository) and tried to use the app image from the website.
I have all the game files copied over from a windows gog installation. they are in home/user/.local/share/openxcom.
both apps still say that they can't find the files and "make sure openxcom is installed correctly"

where should I put all the files, and how should I put them there to get it to work?

Also, I think the linux version needs better instructions generally (on the main page in the nightlies) I had to find an obscure forum post by chance just to figure out that I needed to go to .local/share. Maybe I wasn't paying attention. still it's not great.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 04:21:10 am by WaldoTheRanger »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Linux version on manjaro: What does it mean by "installed correctly"?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 06:23:02 am »
Probably what you're missing is the subfolder. The original files should either be in "home/user/.local/share/openxcom/UFO" (nightly) or "home/user/.local/share/openxcom/data" (1.0). So for example the original GEODATA folder will be in "home/user/.local/share/openxcom/UFO/GEODATA" (no other folders in-between)

The Linux instructions are kinda all over the place (split between readme and wiki and different versions) but these should help:
https://github.com/OpenXcom/OpenXcom/#linux
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Installation_FAQ_(OpenXcom)

We'll be rewriting everything in the next release.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 06:25:23 am by SupSuper »

Offline WaldoTheRanger

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Linux version on manjaro: What does it mean by "installed correctly"?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 06:36:21 am »
Well crap that worked perfectly.
Thanks dude.